SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   comfy posterior (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=70773)

madmal 07-05-06 10:54 PM

comfy posterior

i have a naked 99 curvy and find the seat to be reasonably comfortable for stints of about 60-70 miles before i start to lose feeling in me rump as it were :) and find the need to pull in and have a brew and rest me bum :shock: . if i carry on for much longer than this without a break i am in agony with me bum cheeks and right leg. touch of sciatica doesn't help.

i was just wondering, you guys/gals with the s models, how do you find your seat over these sort of distances as you are slightly leant forward more in your seat as opposed to the nakids :?: does this position affect your wrists or is it a pretty neutral riding position :?: (not been on any faired sv model personally).

pingu 08-05-06 06:42 AM

I really don't have an issue on wrists or rump on anything up to 150 miles. Sure at 150 there is some stiffness if I am doing town traffic but I think that is a given. In neutral at lights and sitting up relieves it.

I do prefer the odd break tho for a cuppa :)

falc 08-05-06 07:19 AM

The sv riding style isnt too extreme and the seat is not entirely bad but I did a 170mile ride without getting off the bike and it was good to get off the bike and refuel it!

You may consider a gel seat for the SV or some other kind of seat like an airhawk one, they will make it a bit easier on the posterior :D

jenni 08-05-06 09:00 AM

speaking of which has anyone got any recommendations reveiws for gel seats cos i get really uncomfy on one side where i had my stitches and am thinking about getting one :?:

Tim in Belgium 08-05-06 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenni
speaking of which has anyone got any recommendations reveiws for gel seats cos i get really uncomfy on one side where i had my stitches and am thinking about getting one :?:

Saw one on ebay this morning, search under sv650 and it should come up.

dirtydog 08-05-06 09:41 AM

I've done a few 450 mile trips on my svs did 1500 miles in 1 weekend once!! just stopping for fuel and i've found it fine. Only had a slight numb bum and stiff knees but no wrist ache.

northwind 08-05-06 10:02 AM

I've got the suzuki gel seat on, it's pretty nice- but you could achieve the same just mucking about with the standard one I think. The only thing is, it's lower so combined with my higher pegs things have become a little cramped :roll:

tricky 09-05-06 12:11 PM

I find my **** goes square after about two hours, which is normally time to stop for fuel anyway.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Naked K3 (pointy) but the seats feel a little bit harder to me, anyone comment on this ?

SpankyHam 09-05-06 12:19 PM

Please don't bid on the gel seat currently on eBay.

I want to buy it for as little money as possible. :lol:

Grinch 09-05-06 12:29 PM

Get it cut down, helps no end. I can ride for miles now and it helps with my short legs.