SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Rockingham 6th May (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=88505)

cuffy 01-05-07 10:34 AM

Rockingham 6th May

Anyone going?
I've just had a call come through from No limits saying they had a cancellation so i'm now booked in for my 1st track day :smt026

Looking forward to it but also bricking myself :oops:

So if anyones in the vicinity and wants to see someone wobble round on a triumph come n ave a looksy :D

Any tips?? apart from "dont fall off"

cuffy 06-05-07 10:18 PM

Re: Rockingham 6th May

Well i done it with out falling off :D
Never had so much fun in all my life, Hope to post some pics soon......oooh i'm all excited still :smt040

weazelz 07-05-07 12:38 AM

glad you enjoyed it, Rockingham's a great circuit. got your next one booked yet? ;-)

cuffy 07-05-07 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weazelz (Post 1180735)
glad you enjoyed it, Rockingham's a great circuit. got your next one booked yet? ;-)

Got 2 in mind, Mallory and Anglesy.

Loved Rockingham some absolutely cracking corners, the chicane followed by the right hander did leave me crapping myself a few times due to carrying too much speed but the double apex right after that was just....wow!
And the hairpin :smt040 done most of my overtaking their:cool:

People have said that doing a track day will improve your road riding but i could never see how !
But on the ride home i was taking corners that i've ridden before in an over exaggerated manner so fluent and easy, you realise how much confidence you can get out of your bike and tyres ( conti road attack supersports) get a mahoosive thumbs up from me.
The No Limits guys were very good in giving out tips too. My right side of the tyre was getting pretty torn up but the left was barely untouched, the instructor told me "your just holding a constant throttle through the left hand section"....."give it some berries after the first apex and the left will scrub up like the right"
So off i went and bugger me he was right :D

I've now officially caught the trackday bug ;)

Blue_SV650S 07-05-07 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuffy (Post 1181209)
Got 2 in mind, Mallory and Anglesy.

Loved Rockingham some absolutely cracking corners, the chicane followed by the right hander did leave me crapping myself a few times due to carrying too much speed but the double apex right after that was just....wow!
And the hairpin :smt040 done most of my overtaking their:cool:

People have said that doing a track day will improve your road riding but i could never see how !
But on the ride home i was taking corners that i've ridden before in an over exaggerated manner so fluent and easy, you realise how much confidence you can get out of your bike and tyres ( conti road attack supersports) get a mahoosive thumbs up from me.
The No Limits guys were very good in giving out tips too. My right side of the tyre was getting pretty torn up but the left was barely untouched, the instructor told me "your just holding a constant throttle through the left hand section"....."give it some berries after the first apex and the left will scrub up like the right"
So off i went and bugger me he was right :D

I've now officially caught the trackday bug ;)

:smt045

weazelz 07-05-07 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuffy (Post 1181209)
The No Limits guys were very good in giving out tips too...

I like them for that - they have the best instruction that I've had from any of the trackday companies. I did Mallory with them a while back & got "you're doing pretty well, but you're absolutely 5h1t3 out of the bus-stop/devil's elbow" & the proceeded to tell & show me what I needed to do :-) actually, that doesn't sound good, but it was done jokily & constructively

Tim in Belgium 08-05-07 05:55 PM

Couple of people from here are doing Mallory on the 26th if you're interested:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=87132