SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Me 1 - Subaru Driver 0 !!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=101670)

SDMF 15-12-07 10:48 AM

Me 1 - Subaru Driver 0 !!!

Well over a year and a half ago, I was knocked off my GPZ500 (my first big bike :rolleyes:). Was basically coming home from work and a Subaru knocked me from behind - this was in moving traffic as well. Causing the bike to slide down the road on its left hand side, and me to follow.
Cue to over a year and a half after the accident; neither him nor me is accepting liability for it, so it ends up in court. Went to court over it during the week, and I won the case 100% :cheers:. (He'd even admitted undertaking me above the speed limit further up the road, and still not knowing the speed limit of the road to this day! He was basically totally unaware of me untill after the accident.)

So I'm expecting a cheque through the post sometime soon covering personal injury, the bike, and damaged bike clothing.
Hmmm extremely tempted by a SV1000 on biketrader at the moment....

Bear 15-12-07 10:53 AM

Re: Me 1 - Subaru Driver 0 !!!

Top result mate! Shame it's taken so long, but this is the time of year for motysickle bargains!

Stig 15-12-07 10:56 AM

Cool. The next lunch and drink at the Shire is on you then. :thumleft:

I got shunted once, half way through the claim, the insurance company went insolvent. Cue a 3 year wait.

StreetHawk 15-12-07 12:24 PM

Good news mate.. :-)

Razor 15-12-07 01:36 PM

A result indeed, hope you have no lingering injuries.

SDMF 15-12-07 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 1366174)
A result indeed, hope you have no lingering injuries.

I had a broken thumb and fractured wrist after. Both have fully healed, except the thumb which can still be felt occasionally when using vibrating tools. Other than that there all good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1366141)
Good news mate.. :-)

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1366079)
Cool. The next lunch and drink at the Shire is on you then. :thumleft:

Haha...could maybe stretch to a drink!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 1366076)
Top result mate! Shame it's taken so long, but this is the time of year for motysickle bargains!

It is indeed, seen some lovely bikes at bargain prices!

Warthog 15-12-07 07:05 PM

Thats great news James, not sure how Mr scooby thought he would win by rear-ending you!

ASM-Forever 15-12-07 09:17 PM

So the question we all want the answer to....how much did you get awarded?

If you're buying a bike and paying for all our drinks at the Shire, it can't be bad. :)

ogden 16-12-07 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDMF (Post 1366072)
Well over a year and a half ago, I was knocked off my GPZ500

Cue to over a year and a half after the accident; neither him nor me is accepting liability for it, so it ends up in court.

I don't know about you, but most insurers are quite clear that the driver (or rider, whatever) is not supposed to admit liability in the event of an accident. If you're insured and a claim is made against you, it's your insurers who pay out, so they're the ones who stand lose and hence it's they who ultimately admit liability, not the perceived guilty party.

I had a big stack a while back, and some people came out of it quite badly. Despite pleading guilty to careless driving in court, being convicted (obviously), and making a clear statement to the loss adjusters that "it was all basically my fault", my insurers *still* haven't accepted liability despite several cases being submitted to court.

It's good that you won out in the end, and I'm glad for you that the injuries weren't more serious. Don't compound the hard times by buying an SV thou though - I've never heard a good word for them. Ever.