SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   So who went out side and clapped ?. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=235865)

tonyk 27-03-20 03:49 AM

So who went out side and clapped ?.

There were loads of people clapping and cheering on my street, slough.
How about your street ?
I've always supported the NHS exceptionally on one occasion when I need them the most. ( putting me back together) lol I can laugh now about it.
Anyways hats off to them for doing such a great job in our hour of need. :cheers::smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038

Luckypants 27-03-20 08:12 AM

Re: So who went out side and clapped ?.

Even our little village was ringing to the sound of applause.

Red Herring 27-03-20 09:24 AM

We live in the middle of nowhere so didn't see much point....but I gave the Mrs. a big thank you (but no kissing....) !!

Dave20046 27-03-20 06:41 PM

heard it and thought it was horses hooves.
I knew nothing of the widespread clap plan until this morning. But yes, seems to have happened all over. Deserved. I'd texted the nurses I know anyway to check on them, so don;t feel too guilty for coughing rather than clapping

Sir Trev 27-03-20 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave20046 (Post 3113461)
I knew nothing of the widespread clap plan until this morning.

Same here. I'm not watching the news right now as it's so depressing and hardly touch "social media" so had no idea until I accidentally saw the headlines when I switched on the TV this morning to watch something on i-Player. In hind sight I did wonder why there was a lot of shouting going on outside at the time...

Suppose I would have been clapping myself indirectly as my current client runs all the logistics for NHS Supply Chain. As you can imagine we are a SMIDGE busy right now with a lot of the depot staff pulling very long shifts, finding extra warehouse space and working out deals very quickly with existing and new shipping partners for extra vehicles.

timwilky 27-03-20 07:36 PM

I knew nothing of it and wondered what one of the neighbours was making a noise at whilst I was sat in the tub. The wife shouted at me for not closing the winndow blind, so I thought them applauding my manly physique.

Bibio 05-04-20 02:09 PM

i think we need to spare a thought for the rest of the people on the "front line" like shop workers, delivery drivers, service workers, police etc.etc.

Chris_SVS 05-04-20 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3113852)
i think we need to spare a thought for the rest of the people on the "front line" like shop workers, delivery drivers, service workers, police etc.etc.

Cleaners :(

Thankfully no longer my profession