SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   at last a good mechanic in london!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=68980)

GooseSVSK2 05-04-06 10:31 PM

at last a good mechanic in london!!

Okay this is going to sound like an advert but its not!!! I am just in a good mood about being able to write a positive note instead of a rant about ****e service! indulge me! A few weeks ago I asked you lot if youknew of a good mechanic in london. Several replies later I gave this guy a try. Rob Berrington Smith in Ealing, west London just did the 32K service on my bike, as well as fitting the wavey discs I bought of Svrash,and pads, and replacing all my dashboard bulbs( long ago blown), for £360. I consider this a good price. Two years ago George White in Slough (who are also really good IMHO) charged me £420 for the identical 16k service alone.
Rob rang me up halfway through to check on what I did/ didn't want done. I got the call as soon as it was ready ( this afternoon, I get it back tomorrow yeehaarr!)
All in all very satisfied, you couldn't meet a more helpful bloke, and a fair price.

:D

Jelster you speak the truth... see you on the rideout.

Rob Berrington-Smith 07734915536

Viney 06-04-06 07:02 AM

:shock: How much???

I have never paid anywhere near either of those 2 prices and thats a suzuki main dealer.

Glad you had a good spervice and where happy dude.

Jelster 06-04-06 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney

I have never paid anywhere near either of those 2 prices and thats a suzuki main dealer.

When was the last time you actually took your bike in for a service Viney ?? You do most of your own I believe. Prices are up around the £40 per hour mark these days (most Suzuki dealers are more). And there was more than just the service, and then all the bits...

Defensive I may be, but the service you get is way above what I have seen from any dealer in West London....

Goose, pleased to of been of help.

Viney 06-04-06 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelster
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney

When was the last time you actually took your bike in for a service Viney ?? You do most of your own I believe. Prices are up around the £40 per hour mark these days (most Suzuki dealers are more). And there was more than just the service, and then all the bits...

Defensive I may be, but the service you get is way above what I have seen from any dealer in West London....

Goose, pleased to of been of help.

Labour rate has always been £38 at my dealer, probabaly up to around 42 ish i reckon. Even so thats only gonna put about £30-45£ on my bill, which on my dearest service (The last one) Would have still only brout it to around the 260 mark. Just seems very expensive. And the last service i just took it in. De sieze the calipers, new pads, etc etc

My Sv gets serviced every 4-5k possibly 6 if im skint!

Fizzy Fish 06-04-06 11:16 AM

I've always found Rob's pricing to be very reasonable vs other bike shops - and especially so given the quality of his work / piece of mind that he doesn't cut corners

jkchops 07-04-06 11:26 PM

I live in Ealing and go to 'Getbike' to get my bike serviced. They have been really helpful for me so i cant complain.

Stig 07-04-06 11:33 PM

Oh I thought from your title you was going to say that you had your bike serviced at Dr Squids.

GooseSVSK2 09-04-06 10:28 PM

oh yes i forgot..

oh yes i forgot, he MOT'd it as well. I just felt like he was thorough and seemed really on the level. Bike feels grrrrrrreat. :D

speedySV 10-04-06 08:08 PM

I'm due a 16k service. Is Mr. R B-S shop based or mobile?

Jelster 10-04-06 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedySV
I'm due a 16k service. Is Mr. R B-S shop based or mobile?

He has a workshop in Hanwell, near Ealing - 07734 915536