SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Ar08 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=91992)

Supervox 24-06-07 04:26 PM

Ar08

Ok Ok, I know that AR07 hasn't taken place yet, & that I'm not attending 'cos I'm away etc, etc - but . . .

. . . Having followed the various threads & posts for the last couple of years events, it seems to me that the same few people (they know who they are) put in an awful lot of time at their own expense to organise an event for others only to have people complain that it's too far North / South / East / West or that the route is too slow / fast / short / long & often at the last minute.

So, my suggestion is this :-

How about each of the regional sections (or possibly 2 sharing the duy where they are close together) organise the AR in rotation within their own area ?

There are good roads all over the country (especially as we're only talking about a single day's ride-out - not a week long endurance fest !!)

Anyone else think this idea might be worth pursuing ?

dirtydog 24-06-07 04:52 PM

Re: Ar08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervox (Post 1220684)
it seems to me that the same few people (they know who they are) put in an awful lot of time at their own expense to organise an event

That's cos they're cleverer than us mere mortals :rolleyes:

Seriously though i think that may work but as you say depends on the regional groups size and time that thye have to spare. But shouldn't be too much of a problem as like you say it is only a weekend

kwak zzr 24-06-07 05:10 PM

with the amount of people we are talking about your never going to please everyone.

Baph 24-06-07 05:18 PM

There's ACE roads around here, and no regional group. So :smt019

kwak zzr 24-06-07 05:25 PM

me think you have some of the BEST roads baph.

hovis 24-06-07 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baph (Post 1220714)
There's ACE roads around here, and no regional group. So :smt019

then start one:thumbsup: you, luckypants & ? :smt080

Fizzy Fish 24-06-07 06:15 PM

The trouble with having the AR in any but the more central regions is that it becomes realy difficult for many people to make it.

That said, I think there might be something in the idea of regions 'inviting' others to come join them for an event - the recent North/South ride etc have already shown how well this can work

Stu 24-06-07 07:32 PM

Why not just go back to the AR being as central as possible. The roads don't need to be amazing (that's what the N/S is for) (even this year when it is being held in an area with amazing roads the best roads have not been used for a very good reason) The AR is about meeting up so just make it as easy as possible for as many as possible to travel to it. IMO

dirtydog 24-06-07 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 1220855)
The AR is about meeting up so just make it as easy as possible for as many as possible to travel to it. IMO

A very valid point hence why it is now called the Annual Event

hovis 24-06-07 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 1220855)
Why not just go back to the AR being as central as possible. The roads don't need to be amazing (that's what the N/S is for) (even this year when it is being held in an area with amazing roads the best roads have not been used for a very good reason) The AR is about meeting up so just make it as easy as possible for as many as possible to travel to it. IMO

good point