SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The concert / gig thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=166666)

Stenno 20-05-11 10:39 AM

The concert / gig thread

I was thinking that some of us must surely cross paths at some point in music venues across the land and couldn't find any related posts apart from discussing genres and loudest bands etc so anyway, post here if you're going to any gigs or have recently been!

Saw The Beatsteaks last night @ Koko. Awesome German band....

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Reeder 20-05-11 10:41 AM

Re: The concert / gig thread

Wonder if anyone here saw the prodigy last summer at Milton Keynes Bowl?

carelesschucca 20-05-11 10:57 AM

Nope but I'm going to see The Kills next weekend in Glasgow!!! Ahhh my evening with Alison Mosshart :)

The Guru 20-05-11 11:11 AM

Was at Radio 1 Big Weekend last Saturday. Got KOL on Sunday 26th June (same weekend as the GM) and then the mighty Foos down in Milton Keynes on Sunday 3rd July.

:smt026

Treacle 20-05-11 11:27 AM

I'm off to see Rush at the O2 next Wedneday. Woohoo!!!

STRAMASHER 20-05-11 11:28 AM

Seen The Stranglers, Kyuss and Saxon this year.
Tom Vek and TV On The Radio next month.

Iron Maiden in July.

Front242 in December.

Picking up briefs for Cavelera Conspiracy and The Bronx.

Missing Motorheid/Anti-Nowhere League/UK Subs on a Saturday night in Glasgow. Away for the GP in Valencia. But still gutted. What a support. Will be an absolute rammy. The crowd will be as entertaining as the bands.

Praying for a decent Foo's tour.

tweakedtay 20-05-11 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treacle (Post 2541520)

Seen them, it was an amazing concert. You're gonna have an awesome time.

Littlepeahead 20-05-11 12:25 PM

Tried and failed to get tickets to QOTSA, and missed Kyuss despite having a ticket, as I was ill.

Keep hoping Soundgarden will add some UK shows to their tour, and I'm cross that Slash isn't doing a stand alone gig in London, and is instead playing in Stoke!

I saw Prodigy at Southend Cliffs Pavilion last time they toured - it only holds 2000 people - loud enough to make your ears bleed and a real Essex homecoming gig.

(Off to see Take That in July - can't wait, they are my dirty secret and I'm secretly in love with Howard)

Bibio 20-05-11 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treacle (Post 2541520)

seen them at the weekend in the SECC Glasgow. fantastic gig, your going to love it :-)

the gig i was at had problems with Geddy Lee's ear monitor so he was well out of key, funny as feck :D

thedonal 20-05-11 06:01 PM

Well- I'm playing on Sunday night.

But asides from that, will be going to see Threshold in July and if some spare cash turns up, the Sunday of High Voltage for Dream Theater and Black Country Communion. Aces!

And if the Chameleons Vox throw any more London dates into the near future, I will be attending that too.

Its.....it's good to rock. \m/