SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Schrader valve (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=231318)

Seeker 13-11-18 12:31 PM

Schrader valve

I visited a local tyre place today and asked if they would sell me a Schrader valve. They said they had never heard of such a thing...I explained what they were and where they were located.

"Oh, is that what they're called." said the tyre fitter.

.. and, after all that, mine was just loose (never had that happen before though).

Adam Ef 13-11-18 01:01 PM

Re: Schrader valve

Greggs refused to sell me a granary loaf once. They said they didn't sell them. I pointed at one behind the counter and said that's it there. The lady serving replied that it's a "country style" loaf and she could sell me that, but not a granary. I gave up and just bought it.

Sir Trev 13-11-18 01:40 PM

Just try paying for something costing £8.10 with a Tenner and a 10p in most shops these days. The look of confusion on the face of most younger till jockeys is a picture. I've yet to be given the 10p back along with £1.90 in shrapnel but a work colleague did last year.

SV650rules 13-11-18 05:16 PM

My niece (30 years old ) has a degree in geography, one day in the car my brother handed her a book of road maps - she didn't know how to use it - words fail me !

timwilky 14-11-18 06:59 AM

Can I have a quarter of licororice torpedos please.
How many grams is that?

Talking Heads 15-11-18 11:49 PM

student: How much is a student day ticket?

me: same price it was when you asked me yesterday, £3.70

student: How much is it for two student day tickets?

They can't retain £3.70 in their head from one day to the next and can't multiply 3.7x2 in their head.
This is our future.....?
We're stuffed.

Bibio 16-11-18 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking Heads (Post 3095100)
student: How much is a student day ticket?

me: same price it was when you asked me yesterday, £3.70

student: How much is it for two student day tickets?

They can't retain £3.70 in their head from one day to the next and can't multiply 3.7x2 in their head.
This is our future.....?
We're stuffed.

what do you expect when the lecturers can even get it right.

one of the lecturers that my son has, published a book and let his class read it. my son immediately told his lecturer that one of the equations was wrong. the lecturer looked and said tell me why you think its wrong so my son broke it down for him. the lecturer then had it checked later that day to discover that yes it was wrong...... ooopppsss

my son also ended up teaching his comms class as the lecturer would not turn up and was bad at her job. everyone in that class passed a recent test or what ever they are these days.

i will defend some out there in that not everybody can grasp maths as their brains dont work that way, this is not to say they are stupid though.