SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Ecosse (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Monthly Runs & More! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=215729)

gt900uk 27-03-15 12:42 PM

Re: Monthly Runs & More!

What time you guys planning on meeting at?

carelesschucca 27-03-15 12:58 PM

It'll be ten o'clock meet for Half ten start.

Having looked at the weather forecast I dunno how many will turn up. I will post first thing if I'm coming.

REMEMBER FOLKS CLOCKS GO FORWARD ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

gt900uk 27-03-15 01:06 PM

Rgr, I finish work at 10am on Sunday morning so will be leaving from Johnstone about then to head to Dunoon. Either via boat or over the rest if the weather makes it worthwhile.

munkygunn182 27-03-15 02:26 PM

I'm now a maybe - it's appear that whilst 99% of the bike came out of storage, the starter has decided it wants more sleep.

Kate SV650 28-03-15 10:24 AM

Hi all, sounds like you are going to have fun. I had lunch last Sunday at the Oystercatcher at Otterferry. Sun was shining, so what's not to like? I had a bike rally over that way last week-end and it felt like it was summer. Otter Ferry is named after a Gaelic name for a strip of land (or something) rather than named after Otters. You get a nice plate of soup there, though!
I went over the C11 (I can't name any other "C" class roads - obviously there are C1 through to C10, but I don't know where they are though - anybody know?). The difference between a "C" class road and a "B" class road? - more pot-holes allegedly. True in this case!
I'm afraid I can't make it tomorrow, as I have a Norton Owners run. I have been told I have been on enough of their runs now, that I qualify for Norton stickers to put over the Suzuki ones LOL. No - the GSX-R won't be tampered with any time soon (or exchanging it for a Norton, before any one asks!).
Have fun (watch out for all the crap in the middle of the single track roads. I took my eye of the ball and hit a patch of seaweed, of all things!).

sputnik 28-03-15 06:41 PM

Weather forecast does look absolutely Shi'ite for the west/largs tomorrow. That said, the forecast here today was awful and it turned out OK...

I am up for a run tomorrow but not if its a complete monsoon (do enough of that during the week!). Is it worth redirecting up to St Andrews instead? I gather the ice cream gaff is open again and the forecast looks a bit better there?

carelesschucca 28-03-15 07:34 PM

its an idea... lets see what everyone says this evening....

munkygunn182 28-03-15 07:50 PM

I'm game regardless of destination

Kate SV650 28-03-15 08:42 PM

You have to go, just to see the line of trees that have been blown over, so that all their roots line up, south of the Otter Ferry! It's natures art!
Oh, also watch out for the wind at the Rest and Be Thankful (where that bus crashed). My magnetic map holder ended up on top of my arm cos of the wind.

carelesschucca 28-03-15 08:48 PM

I was thinking about the wind across that section, could be interesting... I'm just happy to go with the flow though...

All in I just want to get out and test my new heated grips (I must be getting old I said I'd never get a set)