SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Moto GP (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Eurosport commentators - where's Julian & Toby? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=133857)

glsuk1970 14-06-09 05:39 PM

Eurosport commentators - where's Julian & Toby?

I'm probably way behind the times here but what's happened to Julian Ryder & Toby Moody?

Not for the first time I tuned in to watch the MotoGP race only to be met with voices that clearly did not belong to JR & TM. Who are they and what have the done with them?

Are they on holiday, sick, trying to kidnap Jonathan Legard? The race pictures are exactly the same everywhere (aren't they?) but it's their commentry that lifted the Eurosport coverage head & shoulders above the rest. Without those two I might as well watch the BBC.

sinbad 14-06-09 05:56 PM

Re: Eurosport commentators - where's Julian & Toby?

They have other commitments I believe, which they'd arranged before the BBC said "okay Eurosport, you can broadcast motoGP this year".

The two that sub for them are pants. Hayden would be okay if someone could coach the "y'know"s out of him and he didn't sound like he was constantly trying not to drool over the timing screen.
The other guy is just rubbish. Talks rubbish, boring to listen to, and always repeating stupid little phrases like "on the drift".

glsuk1970 14-06-09 06:06 PM

Shame that. Bet they're both gutted not to have been commentating on today's race.

Is it the same Hayden we see on Eurosport's WSB coverage? Excuse my ignorance but I'm a bit of a late starter to the motorcycle racing.

What's the most annoying, the other guy saying "on the drift" all the time or BBC's Charlie whatshisname saying "across the stripe" lap after lap? Mmm, tricky...

Jamiebridges123 14-06-09 06:39 PM

Yeah, it's a shame....

It's James Haydon glsuk1970.. he used to do the ITV BSB and WSB things with that chubby ginger guy sometimes.

I miss Toby and Julian.. so boring these guys..

glsuk1970 14-06-09 08:29 PM

I did write a reply to you Jamiebridges123 but before I could press "Submit Reply" I got a message back saying it couldn't be submitted cause the internet was full, or something... Besides, I was just poking fun at the "chubby ginger guy".

Yep, James Haydon is a bit rubbish compared to Toby & Julian but then who isn't?

Now that Randy Mamola has moved on, I wonder how James Whitam would stack up as a suitable replacement?

Jamiebridges123 14-06-09 08:37 PM

Yeah the forums went down a bit ago.

James Whitam is a good commentator, Jack Burnacle, James Whitam, Julian Ryder and Toby Moody are the only decent English speaking commentators in motorcycling. But still recently Toby and Julian haven't been commentating enough which is a great shame.. because everyone I've spoken to likes them loads.

shonadoll 14-06-09 08:58 PM

Toby and Julian apparently signed up for other jobs when they were told Eurosport was losing Motogp, hence the double booking.

Raf 14-06-09 11:44 PM

By the way, does anybody know the names of the commentators doing the 125 & 250 on the BBC red button. I think they might be coming for the the MotoGP world feed, but by god they are miles ahead of Cox & Parish. I don't care what the BBC MotoGP producer says about them being "excellent commentators" I think I & many others don't agree with her.

VR46650 18-08-09 09:38 AM

Sorry for bumping an old thread, julian and toby always used to make me laugh, great comentators, it's such a shame we don't hear them anymore. The comentators that are on eurosport now are useless, i think steven hawkin could do a better job,they don't even get the pronounciation of the riders names right.

Geoffrey 18-08-09 09:52 AM

toby and julian still do the commentary most of the time, however they thought they were out of a job and have made other commitments which now clash with the return of motogp on eurosport. for example toby will be the official trackside commentator at indy, this means he will not be able to commentate on eurosport.

i can't stand kirby and haydon, it is absolute rubbish they talk