SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Wemoto Aftermarket Cables - Any Good? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=225027)

NedSVS 08-12-16 06:24 PM

Wemoto Aftermarket Cables - Any Good?

Has anyone purchased the Slinky Glide pattern cables from Wemoto - if so, what do you think of the quality?
I'm in the process of raising the clip ons on my curvy SV650S using Danmoto 3d adjustable clip ons. I could get away without longer cables but that would mean compromising the riding position - ie more comfortable than standard but not the best position available with those bars.

Corny Gizmo 09-12-16 09:21 AM

Re: Wemoto Aftermarket Cables - Any Good?

I bought a Clutch cable off them the other week, came next day, Quality is perfect nice and easy smooth operation

NedSVS 09-12-16 09:41 AM

Thanks - that was what I was hoping. Anyone else purchased throttle or choke cables from Wemoto.

Blapper 09-12-16 03:02 PM

As I type I am waiting for a call from Venhill Engineering to pay for my new clutch cable. I decided to go custom because what I found is that the cable length is critically important and that I was better off disconnecting the engine end of my original clutch cable and getting the routing dead right at the lever end then measuring the extra length of cable required to join it to the engine it came in at 3" for my set up of Renthal ultra-low road bars. A naked cable was 6" longer which gave me an embarrassment of cable that could not be lost anywhere.

If the WeMoto cable is dead on for your set-up, you are really lucky as Venhill cables are 'ouch' expensive.

NedSVS 09-12-16 04:22 PM

The Wemoto website says their naked clutch cable, for curvy, is only about 5cm longer than a S model one. I've still got my old standard clutch cable, which I replaced a couple of years back, so I'll measure it and compare it with the Wemoto website quoted lengths.

Blapper 09-12-16 04:42 PM

Sounds like it will be good.

NedSVS 09-12-16 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blapper (Post 3059207)
Sounds like it will be good.

I think I'll give them a try. The choke and throttle cables are just over a third of the cost of genuine Suzuki and the clutch cable is less than half the cost of genuine Suzuki - enough to make me think they are worth a gamble.

Blapper 09-12-16 07:05 PM

You pointy or curvy? i was going to change the choke and throttles on my curvy then when I couldn't get the expansion tank out, I thought screw it, the clutch is the important one, the others are close!

NedSVS 10-12-16 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blapper (Post 3059213)
You pointy or curvy? i was going to change the choke and throttles on my curvy then when I couldn't get the expansion tank out, I thought screw it, the clutch is the important one, the others are close!

It's a curvy (2001). Ironically with my set up its the choke and throttle cables that are on the limit, I could just about get away with the standard clutch cable, but longer would be better.

Blapper 10-12-16 04:21 PM

Have you tried running them behind the fork tubes instead of in front? If you put helicopter tape where they touch, it works.