SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   AR09 Campsite Comments. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136878)

SoulKiss 03-08-09 10:07 AM

AR09 Campsite Comments.

I had a chat with Jim @ the Pub where we had the AR.

He would like to increase the number of groups he has camping, so I said I would gather some feedback for him.

I have already told him a few points I have come up with, so please, without getting too chatty, can I have your opinions and thoughts on the CAMPSITE ONLY.

Thanks

David

dizzyblonde 03-08-09 10:14 AM

Re: AR09 Campsite Comments.

There could be a few more toilets, and the shower block modernising. Oh and a light to the entrance of the campsite, near the fire and maybe one or two further up. I'm blind as a bat in the dark...couldn't see a thing.

AND ANOTHER KEY for the shower!!!lol

But all things considered the folk who own it and work there are really very pleasant, and welcoming. Thats a large credit in itself :-)

BillyC 03-08-09 10:16 AM

Quite straight forward...

Considerably better toilet and washing facilities required - one bog between a field of blokes isn't enough, especially when the bog roll runs out.

Communal showers? Please... Individual shower cubicles please, this really doesn't have to be anything special.

Not sure what his normal per-person-per-night rate is... but unless the above is improved then the facilities simply don't match the size of the field.

Other than that... great :)

Raf 03-08-09 10:16 AM

Well, he could really do with a proper shower block, individual showers, and more than one toilet for the blokes.

dizzyblonde 03-08-09 10:22 AM

you only had to ask for bog paper. The ladies was always filled, but then I always asked!

Demonz 03-08-09 10:37 AM

All been said re showers. Only other thing I would recommend is a permenent shelter/gazebo with picnic tables and possibly coin operated gas bbqs. Big enough to cater for the space he has. Also include a sink to do dishes and get fresh water.

dizzyblonde 03-08-09 10:44 AM

A lot of campsites I've been to have a mini kitchen. That could be a good idea

ophic 03-08-09 10:49 AM

Yup agree with the comments about the toilets and showers. Otherwise though, the field was very well kept and the attitude of the landlord was extremely welcoming and accommodating. With a bit of investment it would be a really fantastic place to camp.

fizzwheel 03-08-09 10:49 AM

As the others have said he needs to have rethink on the toilet and shower situation.

If it were me I'd be building a seperate toilet block so that the campers dont have to go into his pub toilets and also replacing the communal shower setup he has there.

davepreston 03-08-09 11:01 AM

criple access could be improved a bit as it wasnt that easy for me ( the bar itself) eg its got the slope to get to the toilet but a step to get into the bar and a low ceiling warning sign is i was near knocked out first time i did go into the main door
also all the above comments