SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2007 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Magic moment. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92522)

rictus01 02-07-07 12:46 PM

Magic moment.

OK lets have your "Magic Moments" from the weekend.

I'll get the ball rolling then, for me on a personal level,

Verna's smile when I first arrived at the camp site, who needs sunshine with that around :smt058

Saeed finally doing what I'm supposing his Dad must have stopped him doing as a kid with the lighter fluid and a BBQ ;) ( Ahh Flames, Good)

Anna using every fibre of her being to draw all the warmth from the gas heater and the look of shear joy it brought.

And my personnel fav, my own special :smt059 who heard my thoughs and produced a ho****er bottle in my time of need :smt060

apart from that having some great chats with just about everyone :=D>

Your go now.

stewie 02-07-07 12:50 PM

Re: Magic moment.

For me, being a newbie, what will stick in my mind was just the sheer friendliness of everyone all weekend and being made to feel very welcome, it was a blast, cheers everyone :thumright:

Jar 02-07-07 12:53 PM

I have a few too.

Firstly it was when I arrived at the campsite. Being a forum newbie I was a little anxious about how everyone would be towards me etc. I think i had had 6 people introduce themselves to me and 2 offers of help putting up the tent in the first 10 minutes!!! That was magic.

At morrisons on the rideout. I haven't been in a rideout of this size before and hearing 50 bikes mostly twins revving up to prepare to leave was amazing!

Finally the grin on Bear's face as I saluted him on the way past him on the rideout when he was stopped as a marker :D How I wish I had a bullet cam!

Quiff Wichard 02-07-07 12:58 PM

its close
but pipping it

is the grinch /bear naked chase ala Benny Hill ..

then-

Sid mending Dizzy's bike, me lending Jester some gloves, Rossi giving me some batteries, Billy giving Ben a tent, Verna organising a collection, Sid mending Dans puncture, Dizzy getting tablets for Plowsie, El saxo buyin me a brew, Stewie not wanting cash back for petrol provided to many folk, Cazza giving free massages(just to sid) (OFTEN) , everyone concerned for Rictus' wellbeing,

Showing the camaradre and human understanding that one person can have for another - ironically on a weekend when other humans on this planet were driving cars into airports and blowing up vans in the Capital our group of strangers became friends, in a wet field, in Yorkshire .

all of the above not neccesarily in "one moment" but one Momentous weekend.

I cant sum up one moment ... I was quiet (for me) saturday night- so I sat and listened- to many varied conversations.. inmany regional accents. all mingling and talking on varied topics whilst the rain pelted down..

but if you pushed me- for one moment ... I would have to say it wasnt a moment it was a sound.... for me one sound summed up the whole weekend.

LAUGHTER.

Luckypants 02-07-07 01:09 PM

Magic moment was at 3 am, lying in my tent trying to decide if I can hold it till morning, when three blokes climbed over the wall out of the cow field next door and **** themselves when they heard Tim Wilky snoring. Quote of the weekend

'There's a (f-word) dog growling down there!"

PMSL....

Skip 02-07-07 01:16 PM

Magic Moments? Hmm...

Bear for offering me somewhere to stay so I had some company for the ride 'oop North...

KrazyKim for taking ALL my luggage from Newport Pagnell up to the campsite - thank you so much, it made the rest of the ride much more enjoyable! :D

Jamaxx and Sayeed for a sterling job cooking in the monsoon rain as I slowly became a sponge whilst "brolly dolly-ing"! :lol:

Being asked to be a marker for the ride-out - I really appreciated the thought as an almost total stranger to everyone regarding ability...

So many other "moments" I could add but the main thing has to be that the whole weekend left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside and so glad I made the effort to go - as far as motorcycling weekends go - the SV650.org AR ROCKS! :D

SoulKiss 02-07-07 01:34 PM

M1, Junction 29, Sid Squid's comments about me getting over my problems with riding in the rain, Jesters surprise (and disapointment I believe :P) at having to throw the "Captain Slow" and "James May" name badges he had for me away :P

Actually I am not going to go into any more of these, basically the whole weekend was one big magic moment, I mean 50 people in a field, most of them strangers to one and other and I didnt hear a single raised voice.

As already said elsewhere, the whole feeling and mood of the event was just brilliant, so thank you all for that.

Baph 02-07-07 01:43 PM

Melody turning up at the campsite after leaving the B&B to go get bread for us all.

I personally know what she'd been through after following her around the rideout route, and there were a few of us that were genuinely worried about her taking what we thought was too long.

A big special thanks to whoever it was that jumped in their car to go look for her (Mrs Mousetrapper I believe) as most people were too drunk to go out on the road. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oh yea, and Richie "trying" to find his tent on Saturday night. Lets not forget Timwilky almost falling over backwards fast asleep, mid conversation.

_Stretchie_ 02-07-07 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baph (Post 1226948)
Lets not forget Timwilky almost falling over backwards fast asleep, mid conversation.

That was pure class...

As above too many to mention I just keep getting flash backs as I try and type about something else...
Bear thanks for the surprise kisses.. EVEN THE TONGUE ones... And thanks for El Saxo saying he felt left out and getting one himself :smt098

So to sum it al up:

Great:rave: with LOADS of :drink:, you could feel the :smt049 as everyone was :smt046 together (and also at others:smt081). I didn't catch any :rant: more of :grouphug: instead. I however didn't make the :riding: , THANKFULLY there was NO :reaper: and I think everyone left as :winner:

Phew that was hard work

krazykim 02-07-07 02:58 PM

Planning the Great Grinch Escape and almost wetting myself when a huge roar of laughter came from the gazebos despite the torrential rain.

Watching poor Quiffy get collared by the Life Long Story bird on the Friday night and being too polite to find an excuse to ditch her! Laughing hysterically whilst he was mouthing the words 'Help Me' probably didn't help him...

The scenery

Joining in on the ride out in my car with Cazza, heating and Radio 1.

Meeting so many new faces.

SoulKiss 02-07-07 03:05 PM

Ohh thanks Kim - you just reminded me of one I have to add to my one

Kim arriving at the J29 link-up spot AHEAD of a load of the people on bikes, despite being in a Ford KA, and there being heavy traffic.

Oh and then just after that the answer to "wheres Treacle" being someone pointing and panning along the road going under the junction saying "There......"

BILLY 02-07-07 03:09 PM

From arrivng to leaving was the magic moment for me:cool: What a bunch of nutters I've never laught so much:D Also the ride home where Jamaxx and GMS had to bump my bike off when the battery died:smt038

Treacle 02-07-07 03:16 PM

There have been many many magic moments over the weekend but two that really stand out. The first is that after the last person had returned from the rideout I know it was a job well done. But the best was the realisation that I was in the company of 50 or so truely fantasic people and the fact that these kind of people are very few and far between.

krazykim 02-07-07 03:17 PM

The amazing amount of hugs going around.

Saeeds face when he got to play with the lighter fuel.

Soulkiss striding through the rain in the lone ranger hat and coat (dry!!!).

Swiss's Donkey joke.....i'm still laughing.

Bumping into Quiff et gang at the service station on the way home.

Grinch 02-07-07 03:32 PM

Kim, for your idea... Cazza for pointing out my fluff, and Bear for joining me.

Someone gave me a beer when I got back from the ride-out though I can't remember who. Sorry.

Jester666 for your Mum's scones, they where yummy.

Plus Ping for lisening to me ramble on in the bar.

Swiss's dancing fingers where a marvel in themselfs.

Swiss 02-07-07 03:34 PM

Bear hiding behind a large leaf as he marked the final roundabout. I was genuinely shocked when he popped out from behind it. . . . . . . . LOL

The gazebo Okie Kokie. The rain stops everybody out, the rain starts everybody in, and this continued for several hours!!!

Being upstaged while getting on the good foot to do the bad thing (dancing) to Micheal Jackons Billy Jean in the Bar on Sat night.

Krazy Kims Terror Wrist ;)

Quiff Wichard 02-07-07 04:04 PM

swiss walkin off the dancefloor saturday was priceless..!

doin agood impression of MJ .. only to be in a remote part of yorkshire on a wet saturday night with only 5 others in the bar and one of them is the world champion Michael jackson dance impersonator..
unlucky dude

Kim- re the services- still cant get the taste of your fingers from my mouth x

Viney 02-07-07 04:10 PM

The sunshine on Friday evening and the humping cows Saturday evening.

Failing that, getting the front wheels off the ground in vernas lupo, seeing a steam train going across Ribblehead viaduct, The 'Why have you got marker on your back" from a passing member of the public in Layburn to one of the markers, Swiss being upstaged on the dancefloor...ok, so many, so so many.

Grinch 02-07-07 04:18 PM

Cazza and Bear arm wrestling, and Cazza beating Bear the first time and only just beating Caz on the other arm.

Jester666 02-07-07 04:27 PM

1. The Grich & Bear nakedness!! :rolleyes:
2. Annas fire dance. :smt107
3. Happily throwing away Soulkiss' "Captain Slow" badge. ;)
4. Soulkiss supplying me with dry socks on Sunday! :thumright:
5. Seeing Rictus have a great time despite the discomfort. :smt038

6. My Mums face as 16 bikes turned up on her doorstep!

Everything else, even the on/off weather wasn't a detraction from the whole brilliant weekend!

Grinch 02-07-07 04:32 PM

Jester666's mum playin' with my hair.

Quiff Wichard 02-07-07 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinch (Post 1227191)
Cazza and Bear arm wrestling, and Cazza beating Bear the first time and only just beating Caz on the other arm.

oh dam yea I forgot that- and i got to see down cazzas top too... and thats not forgetful :D

Jelster 02-07-07 04:41 PM

I have to say Quiffy, that really is the best description of this community I have ever seen.

It's what the 'orgs about....

Well said that man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 1226894)
Showing the camaradre and human understanding that one person can have for another - ironically on a weekend when other humans on this planet were driving cars into airports and blowing up vans in the Capital our group of strangers became friends, in a wet field, in Yorkshire .

melody 02-07-07 05:22 PM

Dizzyblonde, Yorkie Chris and Im Indoors riding down with me

The warm welcome received on arrival at the campsite

The sunshine on Friday evening

Baph riding with me the whole time

The confidence boosts I got from chatting with so many of you

Mrs Mousetrapper and Im indoors coming out to search for me

Realising you all cared enough to send a search party

Saeed and Jamaxx for the BBQ

BBC for being so friendly

Blackfire for having a lot in common with me

Quiff for making me smile so much

The list is endless The whole week end was magic for me, but above and beyond everything else, is this warm and fuzzy feeling I've had since and being in a group where I feel I truely belong.

Melody:grouphug:

Quiff Wichard 02-07-07 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelster (Post 1227223)
I have to say Quiffy, that really is the best description of this community I have ever seen.

It's what the 'orgs about....

Well said that man.

now you gone and made me cry ....

Richie 02-07-07 05:53 PM

1. Arriving at the camp site after a long journey to and from Cambridge.
2. WRCSixtyThree getting my tent and putting it up for me. Cheers Dude.
3. Quiff for being Quiff, he's a funny guy.
4. Everyone for being so friendly.
5. The person who helped me find my tent on Saturday night, Can't remember a thing...
6. Seeing BBC face when the Steam Locomotive arrive at the Ribblehead Valley.
7. Having a hoon with Captain Nemo. you old sea dog.
8. Chatting away to all the faces with a drunken grin on my face and a warm glow in my heart.

Thank you one and all who made it a superb event.
and to Mark (Ritus) who is a true HERO.

Dan 02-07-07 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie (Post 1227296)
5. The person who helped me find my tent on Saturday night, Can't remember a thing...

I think that was me... ish...

My magic moment? For those lucky enough to experience the aftermath - it was the creation of an entirely new kind of campsite food. WetEggnGrassBurger.

Oh, and the fact that by 9.20, Richie had started to forget what was going on - and listening to the 'Daaaave.... Hello Daaaaaave' voicemail in the morning as a reminder ;)

_Stretchie_ 02-07-07 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRCSixtyThree (Post 1227299)
Oh, and the fact that by 9.20, Richie had started to forget what was going on - and listening to the 'Daaaave.... Hello Daaaaaave' voicemail in the morning as a reminder ;)

If Carlsberg left answer phone messages!!!

Quiff Wichard 02-07-07 06:14 PM

i was just playin that to a mate- and its gone !!. must have auto deleted.. dam

Viper 02-07-07 06:23 PM

I think quiff and melody summed it up.

Its was all about the people, not the weather, not the bikes but definatly the people.
I feel part of a huge group of friends that span the whole country. We are truly privalaged to be part of such a group and we should all make the effort at all times to keep this site alive!!

Thank guys be safe and see you ALL again

El Saxo 02-07-07 06:28 PM

I had too many good moments to list cos it was a brilliant weekend. I'd like to echo other people's sentiments though about the feeling of camraderie I got from a field full of mostly strangers.

A few highlights though:

Bacon butty from Ping on Saturday morning :D

Being told Bear is a vegetarian :shock: :lol:

Richie's "5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - everyone under the gazebo" moment - talk about comedy timing :smt038

Quiff Wichard 02-07-07 06:42 PM

oh i forgot-

on our way home - viper- squirrel. saxo stretchie and me we saw two six foot squirrels at a roundabout- now that was memorable.

just b4 our petrol stop..

remember boys.?

i was thinkin dam I didnt have that much to drink last night .

they were folk in costme advertising a caravan centre- but I thought I had been in the bong tent too long for a min.. (passively of course)

Dan 02-07-07 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Saxo (Post 1227323)
Richie's "5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - everyone under the gazebo" moment - talk about comedy timing :smt038

I bet he doesn't even remember it! :D

CB1ROCKET 02-07-07 06:45 PM

Thanks to everyone giving support, especially Jambo and Bear giving me directions and ride out instructions 1-1, where as in a group I cant understand a thing.

and thanks to everyone else who kindly chatted to me despite me having hearing difficulties. :)

El Saxo 02-07-07 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 1227336)
oh i forgot-

on our way home - viper- squirrel. saxo stretchie and me we saw two six foot squirrels at a roundabout- now that was memorable.

just b4 our petrol stop..

remember boys.?

i was thinkin dam I didnt have that much to drink last night .

they were folk in costme advertising a caravan centre- but I thought I had been in the bong tent too long for a min.. (passively of course)

Thank god you saw them too, I thought I was hallucinating!! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRCSixtyThree
I bet he doesn't even remember it! :grin:

You're probably right, cos I'm sure it was after the "Hello Daaaaaave" voicemail :lol:

on yer bike 02-07-07 06:50 PM

I loved the fact that I got to a point where I was so drenched or drunk (I'm not sure which came first) I stopped noticing it was raining.

Richie 02-07-07 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Saxo (Post 1227344)
Thank god you saw them too, I thought I was hallucinating!! :lol:

You're probably right, cos I'm sure it was after the "Hello Daaaaaave" voicemail :lol:

I do remember it... i do i do.

squirrel_hunter 02-07-07 07:11 PM

There were a few for me and in no particular order...

Bear marking his territory.

Riding with an 'old' MoFo again.

The discussion between me and Mac99 as he convinced me that we were now on the wrong road and the little talk Sid gave me when we got back to the group.

The rain on the rideout and not caring about it cause I was having a laugh.

Quiff waving to us as we carried on down the M6 to home.

Cheers all!

Ping 02-07-07 07:57 PM

Ooh, so many moments... too many to list.

Grinch babbling at me in the pub. I felt kinda special that such a great character with blue hair would pick me out to babble at. :cool:

Bear. Well, what can I say. :lol:

Grinch and Bear's little lover's tiff.

Moonbase 1 parties and everyone who came in for a giggle (Cazza, KrazyKim, agh, too many names to remember).

The pub with Stretchie, Stewie and bacon buttie boy. ;)

aaannnddd Northy trying to help me learn to use those poi(?) thingies though I seem to remember him telling me he's never used them himself.

Suicide bombing the gazebo's on saturday night with the intention of killing no-one but me and ... who was it who was wearing the other laser challenge suit?... :lol: Only the few people nearest us even knew they weren't in danger... :lol:

Oh, and the guys who took my gazebos down... I was truely touched by that. Wasn't looking forward to taking them down with my hangover (all help with tentage upage and downage was especially kind ;) ).

There were so many more...

dizzyblonde 02-07-07 08:13 PM

luckypants for biringing me the gel seat on his bike, sid squid for trying to repair my bike under a giant bin bag, melody for going out and getting bread after my cry for help...mrs mousetrapper and my other half for going to find her after i started fretting where she was......and when she returned triumphant the round of applause everyone gave her, then saying
''well I only ride 30mph'' was a corker
The family of the org sticking together in the pouring rain
the guys that did the bbq in the pouring rain
And Rictus for showing us he had balls of steel, man that guy rides fast
anything else too much to mention,,forever a momentous weekend:smt060