SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2014 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Winning bid for 2014- The banter thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=206449)

davepreston 11-01-14 12:15 AM

Re: Winning bid for 2014- The banter thread

well this is going to be sh ite
wont know before hand whats stocked in the bar (cos bibio cant see over the top of one)
little old man will live up to his namesake and get us lost or stop every 5 mins to tell us about a tree of significant importance from his time in the home guard in "the war "
and no one is going to know where to be and at what time because andy smith only speaks wookie

were doomed all doomed I tell yee

so no worries booking it off next week, gem is sorting the lodgings tomorrow, locating a suitable huge brandy bottle (and a whisky as well why the hell not) in a few days, bang off every penny possible from the credit card so I can have FULL use of its available balance while propping up the bar (that bibio cant see over while listening to LOM ramble on about the war and laughing at people trying to understand the wookie)

all is gooooooood

andrewsmith 11-01-14 12:21 AM

Beer fines increase by another 300%.

Or you can consolidate your debts this into one easy payment of open bar at the Cheviot Hotel ;)

chris8886 11-01-14 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davepreston (Post 2927763)
well this is going to be sh ite
wont know before hand whats stocked in the bar (cos bibio cant see over the top of one)
little old man will live up to his namesake and get us lost or stop every 5 mins to tell us about a tree of significant importance from his time in the home guard in "the war "
and no one is going to know where to be and at what time because andy smith only speaks wookie

were doomed all doomed I tell yee

so no worries booking it off next week, gem is sorting the lodgings tomorrow, locating a suitable huge brandy bottle (and a whisky as well why the hell not) in a few days, bang off every penny possible from the credit card so I can have FULL use of its available balance while propping up the bar (that bibio cant see over while listening to LOM ramble on about the war and laughing at people trying to understand the wookie)

all is gooooooood

:smt046

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewsmith (Post 2927764)
Beer fines increase by another 300%.

Or you can consolidate your debts this into one easy payment of open bar at the Cheviot Hotel ;)

sounds like dave is proper ******

andrewsmith 11-01-14 03:40 PM

Nah skint and sober!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

AJC 13-01-14 06:56 PM

Just saw this, looks good! Congrats lads.

And it's close enough I can make it without completely dying of discomfort on my hard wooden bench, sorry.. i mean bike...

Littlepeahead 14-01-14 08:16 AM

Sounds like a great plan this year, well done guys.

I have just got back from 1600 miles round Thailand - now that would be a great place for an AR. Guaranteed sun, cheap beer and accommodation, great food, and a ladyboy show in the evening to keep us entertained. Getting the bikes there might take a while though. And the brandy is rough as a badgers bum so Dave Preston wouldn't like it (and it's practically France too).

I need to ask the boss nicely if I can have that weekend off as we have some low key matches on at Lord's. Then Chris8886 and I will probably van it up there. He's keen to camp, I'm keener to have a proper bed/shower/breakfast/access to a plug point for my hair straighteners so would rather B&B or hotel it. As it's such a long way it may be worth making a proper weekend of it and doing Friday to Monday if others are doing the same.

NTECUK 14-01-14 08:41 AM

Book the bunk house LPH :)

carelesschucca 14-01-14 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2928272)
Then Chris8886 and I will probably van it up there.*As it's such a long way it may be worth making a proper weekend of it and doing Friday to Monday if others are doing the same.

Why not make it a proper biking weekend and ride? Take the extra couple of days and build a brilliant route and have that sense of achievement it'll be well worth it.

Littlepeahead 14-01-14 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2928275)
Book the bunk house LPH :)

Hmmmm, I know some of the people staying in that bunkhouse and the snoring decibel level would mean I could probably still hear them from a hotel 3 miles away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carelesschucca (Post 2928278)
Why not make it a proper biking weekend and ride? Take the extra couple of days and build a brilliant route and have that sense of achievement it'll be well worth it.

Chris suggested the van idea. Assuming he has a licence it means we could split the driving and arrive a little less tired than biking up with loads of gear. This also assumes my buttocks will have recovered from Thailand. ER6 - not so much a motorcycle as a torture device for the bum and shoulders, especially off roading on road tyres.

NTECUK 14-01-14 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2928282)
Hmmmm, I know some of the people staying in that bunkhouse and the snoring decibel level would mean I could probably still hear them from a hotel 3 miles away.

Chris suggested the van idea. Assuming he has a licence it means we could split the driving and arrive a little less tired than biking up with loads of gear. This also assumes my buttocks will have recovered from Thailand. ER6 - not so much a motorcycle as a torture device for the bum and shoulders, especially off roading on road tyres.

If you weren't such a soft southern your sleep in the van ;)
Van = wood and your fier bowl so that is a top idea if they allow it