SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Looking for replacement screws for SV650S pointy screen (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=131574)

JohnMcL7 11-05-09 04:05 PM

Looking for replacement screws for SV650S pointy screen

After fitting a double bubble screen and thinking all the screws were in tight I've come back from a run to find they're all gone - does anyone know the size and type of these screws so I can order some replacements?

Thanks,
John

chompy 11-05-09 10:07 PM

Re: Looking for replacement screws for SV650S pointy screen

hi mate, i guess its the same as the curvy ones, they have a little rubber grommit on the back that when it screws in this expands and therfore tightens the whole lot. but sometimes these spin when you tighten them so when you get some new ones try hold the bottom so it doesnt turn. I think you can get them from normal bike shops. i think there called screen fairing screws IIRC

chompy 11-05-09 10:08 PM

they are called well nuts

found some here

Geoffrey 12-05-09 06:50 AM

have a look on the probolt website

Thingus 12-05-09 07:41 AM

I just went to my local dealer who have part numbers for every bike (if they're a big dealer or whatever).

The black rubber things cost me 3 quid a pop and the screws will be bugger all too.

kwak zzr 12-05-09 08:11 AM

motrax do them but i warn you they dont fit tightly enuf for me and they spin round as you tighten.

SoulKiss 12-05-09 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoffrey (Post 1902778)
have a look on the probolt website

DONT look on the probolt website.

The "cheap" ones (£5 ex P&P) are made of cheese and round off way too easily, and I dont think you want to be paying £25 for Titanium ones.

Get some made of real metal...... having gone through 2 sets of Probolt ones, I am now using some bolts I got it a big "grab bag" from a guy from ebay.....

fubber 12-05-09 09:21 AM

Halfords sell universal ones - never had a problem with them...

L3nny 22-08-09 12:36 PM

Just found this thread as after fitting my new screen one of the bolts has gone AWOL.

Can anyone confirm if the rubber bit goes completely under the fairing or if you push the rubber in through the holes so there is a rubber washer type bit on the outside.

Sorry I haven't explained very well I'll try and get some pics and explain better.

SoulKiss 22-08-09 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L3nny (Post 2012494)
Just found this thread as after fitting my new screen one of the bolts has gone AWOL.

Can anyone confirm if the rubber bit goes completely under the fairing or if you push the rubber in through the holes so there is a rubber washer type bit on the outside.

Sorry I haven't explained very well I'll try and get some pics and explain better.

They push in from the oustside of the fairing, with the washer bit outside