SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Guildford Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Convoy to AR14 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=206555)

Wideboy 09-01-14 07:14 PM

Re: Convoy to AR14

i was posting that as the way i would go but my point really is to go the most direct route straight there.

Tomor 09-01-14 07:16 PM

This ^

Matt-EUC 09-01-14 07:20 PM

Well I was thinking more like an M25 services initial meet up for us GMers and then ride up to meet the EARs.
As we are all going to be using the M25 anyway it'd be silly not to meet there, I wasn't suggesting we meet in Alton.

The point I was trying to make to NTEC was that its 3 hours here to then go another 6 north. We can quite easily add in a stop at J1 of the A1 if any of the Essex lot fancy it.

Might be an idea to ask the EARs to move the meeting point up to where the M1 joins on so we're not going out of our way too much.

kaivalagi 09-01-14 07:50 PM

If it would make sense to move the meeting point from the EAR route further north near Doncaster so you can meet the A1 from the M18 we can do that I'm sure, just need to find a suitable spot for lunch near there...should move the stop back by 20 to 30 mins max.

We're all EARs :)

Mark_h 09-01-14 08:09 PM

Or all just chill and ignore it for 6 months and then work some details once you know who is actually going, what the weather's likely to be like and chances are that by then we'd have churned a few bikes and members anyway.

Matt-EUC 09-01-14 08:10 PM

Prior planning and preparation something something something...

SvNewbie 09-01-14 08:13 PM

Fair enough, it seemed fairly obvious to me that Ntech wouldn't have gone 150 miles out of his way and would have met up on route. But maybe I missed something.

The A1 is less **** to drive than the M1 (honestly the dullest road I've driven, worse than the M6 between Manchester and Birmingham). But I'm still leaving it up to the weather gods to decide whether I'm going so don't mind me.

NTECUK 09-01-14 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvNewbie (Post 2927427)
g.

The A1 is less **** to drive than the M1 (honestly the dullest road I've driven, worse than the M6 between Manchester and Birmingham). But I'm still leaving it up to the weather gods to decide whether I'm going so don't mind me.

I was thinking your likely take the A1, so as that's my own preferred option made sense.

squirrel_hunter 10-01-14 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt-EUC (Post 2927222)
We may also be able to coordinate with the south and west surfers to meet up at the same point.

When I spotted this thread I did consider the same thing so will be keeping an eye on things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideboy (Post 2927364)
M3 + A34 + M40 (briefly) + A43 + M1 = Job done

no faffing about, probably about 330'ish miles. Don't bother going out of your way down this way to meet people, meet closer up the country otherwise you'll be covering unnecessary miles and you're all going to be ****ed by 300 miles anyway so you'll just want to get there.

A good point well made. That is a good full days ride with kit if its on a bike. Straight there and straight back would be my recommendation also.

PyroUK 10-01-14 07:58 AM

Convoy to AR14

Not sure how I'll be fixed yet so this years AR is a maybe. Might not know till the week before at the rate I'm going at work.

If I do go will try and hook up with you lot or poss some from my area, though I think most from s&w are more north so will likely be a case of meeting closer to the GM anyway.

If I do go I will try and find a b&b so I can make the journey in comfort and with a hope that my back won't break.