SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Chris_SVS 29-09-17 02:56 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Brake servicing :( Neither front carriers would budge out of the slides**, braking is fine though but I feel it would be easier to ebay some nice newer/recon replacements

**It's possible my hand is the issue here

Bibio 29-09-17 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_SVS (Post 3077539)
Brake servicing :( Neither front carriers would budge out of the slides**, braking is fine though but I feel it would be easier to ebay some nice newer/recon replacements

**It's possible my hand is the issue here

best pop a thread up in SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking rather than in here.

Chris_SVS 29-09-17 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3077543)
best pop a thread up in SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking rather than in here.

Only having a wee moan :p

MrMessy 30-09-17 03:25 PM

Being ripped off by insurance companies when you do a mid-policy amendment! Plus a £40 broker fee.

SV650rules 30-09-17 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red ones (Post 3077499)
Perhaps they thought all members stopped going in February and won't go back again until the New Year.

That is so true, love the way people from gym go straight to gym cafe and get something really sugary to eat, also when they park as close to gym as possible to avoid walking and take the lift instead of stairs - still think more than a few people go to gym to perv.

I have a cross trainer at home - cost about £400 over 15 years ago, zero running costs and much easier to find 30 minutes a day without having to travel to a gym and pay £30 / £40 a month for one visit a week.

maviczap 30-09-17 06:45 PM

People who can't read my eBay adverts, it's all there in the text!:smt013

maviczap 30-09-17 09:00 PM

Just had a text from one of my team, he'd got home to find his garage had been broken into and his bike had been knicked. He'd only moved in at the end of July.

To make matters worse he'd just forked out £1700 to have his cat treated at the gets after it had got run over, no insurance.

Bad luck with his cars going bang, some of it self inflicted, but unlucky sod.

His younger brother got an infection in hospital and had both legs amputated below the knee and I think he also had a hand amputated too.

Poor bloke he's had really bad luck

garynortheast 01-10-17 08:10 AM

Good grief Mav! Some folk have far more than their share of crap in life. Poor guy.

chris8886 01-10-17 10:21 PM

damn firefox browser keeps crashing for some unknown to me reason!

maviczap 02-10-17 05:21 AM

I've just seen a trailer on the BBC for a remake of Porridge!

Who at the BBC authorised this?

I get irritated enough about movies being remade, but WTF.

As a licence payer I'd like to see new programs being commissioned, and from the trailer not a very badly made rehash of a timeless classic.

Why didn't they just get the tapes out of the vault and rerun the originals, like the do for Dad's Army?