SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   AR08: how it was for the Alpinestarhero's (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113436)

joshmac 06-07-08 10:01 PM

Re: AR08: how it was for the Alpinestarhero's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 1559880)
re- the 125 lad-

in all fairness he was a nice polite lad..
we all remember that huh ?

and those yam 125's are cool as fek and abot 3.5K so he must work hard somewhere .

hope he got home ok.

I never got to speak to him, but there's no reason why he wouldn't be a nice lad, don't get me wrong. After all I'm a 17 year old lad and I don't think I'm a pr!ck 8-[
My comment to Chris Numbers about 17 year olds was tongue in cheek
Yeah I love the YZF-125, IMHO they're definitely the nicest 125 around

chris8886 06-07-08 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshmac (Post 1559889)
I never got to speak to him, but there's no reason why he wouldn't be a nice lad, don't get me wrong. After all I'm a 17 year old lad and I don't think I'm a pr!ck 8-[
My comment to Chris Numbers about 17 year olds was tongue in cheek
Yeah I love the YZF-125, IMHO they're definitely the nicest 125 around

oh no worries, wasn't bothered by it at all!! i was having my own friendly dig at you as well, so fairs, fair!! :D

joshmac 06-07-08 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 1559900)
oh no worries, wasn't bothered by it at all!! i was having my own friendly dig at you as well, so fairs, fair!! :D

Yeah mate I know that, just didn't want the others to think I was being a d1ckhead towards the lad of the 125

You're just upset because all your efforts to get me :drink:failed :p
You'll have to try harder next time :D ;)

chris8886 06-07-08 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshmac (Post 1559916)
Yeah mate I know that, just didn't want the others to think I was being a d1ckhead towards the lad of the 125

You're just upset because all your efforts to get me :drink:failed :p
You'll have to try harder next time :D ;)

no, you can buy em for me by next year!! i ain't made of bloody money!! you teenagers drink so much these days it costs to much to try n get you pi55ed :rolleyes::p

joshmac 06-07-08 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 1559924)
no, you can buy em for me by next year!! i ain't made of bloody money!! you teenagers drink so much these days it costs to much to try n get you pi55ed :rolleyes::p

You'll have a great time then.... stone sober :smt003
Student = no money, so :smt098
By the way, how would I get pi55ed from water/coke, because obviously I would never break the law by drinking alcohol at 17 years old, would I? :smt110 :rolleyes:

ChrisCaveman 07-07-08 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 1559880)
re- the 125 lad-

in all fairness he was a nice polite lad.. bit "street" for an oldie like me but clearly hero worshipping the BIG bikers..

we all remember that huh ?

in general his riding and positioning were good and he will make the transition well to a bigger bike imo-

hope he got home ok.

Yeah he was a decent guy, had a chat to him for a bit when we stopped at the petrol station...

Random day for him though, seeing a BIG group of bikes and thinking "**** it, i'll go out for a ride" =P

I did point him to the .org, so maybe he'll show up soon ^^

Warthog 07-07-08 10:04 AM

I chatted to him in the car park at Swanage, seemed very nice. Kudos to him for sticking around!

neio79 07-07-08 01:58 PM

First off Matt, good write up, I wanted to chat to you and your good lady but did not get around to it along with not speaking to a few otheres i wanted to. I suppose that is what comes with thee being over 100 there.

and the Lad on the 125 was definatly a good rider , the only thing i would say is he needs to learn that if he sits on people shoulders ( no problem with that on my part) to do it on the right had side, more than once i needed to come to the left of the road to go around a righthander and he was on my pipe on the left of me so i could not move over as much as i wanted.

Fair play to him he was able to kep up for most of it though. I imagine he is now telling stries of how he kept up with loads of SV's and other sports bikes LOL .

falc 07-07-08 06:13 PM

Great writeup, glad you guys enjoyed it, although I only briefly met you this time, hope to catch up with you more another time.

Glad you two could make it :thumbsup: