SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Amuzing sights on the AR09 rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136856)

caz650s 03-08-09 07:07 PM

Re: Amuzing sights on the AR09 rideout

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1992136)
dont ask how many reasons viper had to like it;)

Ha Ha ...that is just what I was thinking !!! :)

Lozzo 03-08-09 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 1991490)
Then someone bellowing, "Don't do it!!"

Guilty as charged Yer'onnor

Von Teese 04-08-09 07:39 AM

Actually did anyone see that elderly post lady on her pedal cycle riding up the hill towards us, I thought she was going to have a heart attack along the way!

Miss Alpinestarhero 04-08-09 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Teese (Post 1992512)
Actually did anyone see that elderly post lady on her pedal cycle riding up the hill towards us, I thought she was going to have a heart attack along the way!

Yes!!! I did :lol:

Amusing things I spotted

1) An old man struggling to cycle with a flat back tyre when we were at the third petrol stop after lunch

2) people standing outside their houses to watch us go past. In particular there was a mum standing with her little daughter who waved so I waved back :D (not all us bikers are scary ya know..)

joshmac 04-08-09 05:03 PM

It made me smile when the markers all started doing the YMCA at me as I approached on my bike :lol: At first I just thought WTF are they doing. Didn't take long for the penny to drop though. So which one of the markers came up with that idea? :cool: I'm going to guess Uncle Ian...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1992086)
OK i hope some of the peeps who were near me at the time saw this too....
We're riding thru a village, nice and slow being very good. A couple of little boys across the road on the pavment riding their bikes. The smaller of the 2 gives everyone a thumbs up as he's peddaling along and looks really happy to see this mass of bikes...then someone (sadly i dont know who) decideds they need to blip the throttle or change down a gear and gets a good pop out their can....poor little boy scared half to death drops off the kerb, almost does a hell of a tank-slapper but keeps it uprirght somehow.
He was all of about 6 or 7 and how fast he went ftrom grin factor to panic just cos of a poppy exhaust was just hillarious to me (maybe i have a sick sense of humour or something, i dunno) :lol:

Anyone else see this??

Don't know who? I s'pose with all those purple sparkly bikes with melting number plates in front of you, it could've been hard to identify the culprit :-dd
I don't think I was trying to make him nearly stack it (was there a corner or something coming up?), but I laugh out loud inside my lid when I saw it happen. :twisted:

ManxMatt34 04-08-09 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 1991691)
Plus we have the culprit who trashed Paul the 6th's tent :smt117

Didn't need a culprit, Paul was there lmao, was me and the LeedsMatt. Love it, Paul needs a new pole which he can have offva me :P.

maviczap 04-08-09 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 (Post 1993235)
Didn't need a culprit, Paul was there lmao, was me and the LeedsMatt. Love it, Paul needs a new pole which he can have offva me :P.

But was he too drunk to remember who did it :p

Spiderman 04-08-09 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshmac (Post 1993179)
Don't know who? I s'pose with all those purple sparkly bikes with melting number plates in front of you, it could've been hard to identify the culprit :-dd

haha, i was trying to give someone else the chance to feel bad for it, thinking it may have been them. But if you wanna admit to it and take the credit for scaring the bejayzuz out the little man :lol:

joshmac 04-08-09 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1993307)
haha, i was trying to give someone else the chance to feel bad for it, thinking it may have been them. But if you wanna admit to it and take the credit for scaring the bejayzuz out the little man :lol:

Yeah it wasn't me at all :razz: even though I was ready to do the 2 line swerve thingymajig for real when I saw he wobbling about (not 'cause I was really close to him when it happened or anything ;)).
Zig you're so cruel doing that to the poor lad :lol:

Bear 04-08-09 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshmac (Post 1993179)
It made me smile when the markers all started doing the YMCA at me as I approached on my bike :lol: At first I just thought WTF are they doing. Didn't take long for the penny to drop though. So which one of the markers came up with that idea? :cool: I'm going to guess Uncle Ian...

Then you would be guessing wrong young man... :smt098