SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Jolly in Wales this weekend (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=98996)

thedonal 23-10-07 08:44 PM

Jolly in Wales this weekend

Gratings from afar!

I'm off to do a climbing course at Plas-Y-Brenin in Capel Curig and no doubt will be free for a beer in the evenings- anyone fancy hooking up for a pint and a hi?

I'll be arriving on Friday and leaving on Monday (barring falls, being avalanched on or worse- mauled by yaks). I'll probably confine myself to the Centre bar- it's open to the public, apparently- as, er I'll be there and can't be arsed to ride anywhere else. Plus I don't touch a drop of the bowze when on the bike.

It's my first big long trip- 250 miles there. And funnily enough, 250 miles back too! Most I've done in a day is about 150 before so It's gonna be a real adventure!

thedonal 25-10-07 09:45 AM

Re: Jolly in Wales this weekend

So- that'll be no-one then!

Sniff..... :0[

Pedro68 25-10-07 09:48 AM

Awwww m8 ... after travelling all that way, I'd have thought someone from the Border Patrol would have offered :(

Sorry can't make it myself as I have my kids for half-term.

Try PM'ing LuckyPants or Baph tho ... they are probably closest to that area ;-)

Pete

thedonal 25-10-07 09:58 AM

Cheers Pedro. I would have thought indeed that at least Baph would've piped up...

Shame. I'd offer meself about for a quick ride about before I go home on Monday- but being the longest journey I've undertaken so far on my Suzie, I'm not sure if my 'arris will take the extra mileage!!!

Luckypants 25-10-07 10:04 AM

Well was kinda weighing up in me mind whether to come over.... If I can persuade me lad to drive I could have a beer. Might do a bit of climbing (read falling off) on the wall if I can come over....

PM me your number, I'll see what pans out.

thedonal 25-10-07 10:24 AM

Lovely. PM'ed.

Any other takers?

Pedro68 25-10-07 10:41 AM

Yeah, I ain't really done a long ride on the SV yet ... done Liverpool -> London -> The Ponderosa -> Liverpool in the space of 2 days (about a round trip of something like 500 miles), but that was on a CBF1000 :/ An hour commute on the SV and I'm wanting a break. Not because of my 'arris ... but cos of all the pressure on the wrists ... fingers start to go numb! I'm sure you'll love the long ride tho ;-)

thedonal 25-10-07 10:51 AM

Indeed- I'm thinking of A roads, rather than Mway- more pleasant/less monotonous. Should be lovely, with regular breaks!

stewie 25-10-07 11:08 AM

Sorry, I cant pop over either got things on Im afraid ;)

thedonal 25-10-07 12:24 PM

I should hope you have. Especially at this time of year- it's cold out there!!!