SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Tyres (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Tyre Recommendations (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55515)

Trix 02-08-04 11:23 AM

Tyre Recommendations

Firstly, apologies if I should have posted this in another section...

I'm looking for some advice on tyres, if any of you'd be so kind :)

I'm due to lose my track-day virginity at Pembrey at the end of the month (and nervous as hell already!), so want a set that are going to give me mucho confidence, but most of my riding is weekend scratchin' so not looking for all out race.

No commuting, so I'm not too fussed about them being particularly hard wearing.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Iansv 02-08-04 11:38 AM

Should check the tyre section :D

Admin2 02-08-04 03:30 PM

Moved to Tyre section which should get you better feedback and assistance. ;)

Trix 02-08-04 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin2
Moved to Tyre section which should get you better feedback and assistance. ;)

Thanks guys - I'm a dunce, didn't even spot the Tyres section. :roll: #-o :oops:

PeterM 03-08-04 03:42 AM

I really like the Metzler Sportec M1s. Stick like s*!t to a blanket and warm up quite quickly to boot.

Trix 03-08-04 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterM
I really like the Metzler Sportec M1s. Stick like s*!t to a blanket and warm up quite quickly to boot.

Thanks for that Peter - sticking like sh*t to a blanket is definitely the kind of confidence booster I like!! :D

Any other suggestions from anyone else that I can consider??

Trix 04-08-04 03:41 PM

90 viewings of this post to date, and only one response....

Disappointing, as I think this is an excellent board with loads of good advice. Maybe it's because I'm not part of the clique of regular posters?? :roll: :(

Ah well. For what it's worth, I've just ordered a set of BT010's to be fitted next weekend.

northwind 08-08-04 11:27 PM

I don't think that many people read the reviews section... Anyway, nearly killed my Sportec M1s and while I don't have another tyre to compare them to, I have to say they've treated me bloody well. Only once in 3000 miles has the front ever felt at all loose, they're good in the wet, don't square off too easily... Nice.

I won't be buying them again, at least not next time- I want to try something else to see if they're as good as i think they are.

Trix 13-08-04 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesimons
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTriXter
90 viewings of this post to date, and only one response....

Disappointing, as I think this is an excellent board with loads of good advice. Maybe it's because I'm not part of the clique of regular posters?? :roll: :(

Ah well. For what it's worth, I've just ordered a set of BT010's to be fitted next weekend.

Hey,

Great choice, you won't regret it. This is what most people go for when they want high grip. I've got the 020 on mine, which last longer and don't have quite as much grip.

Lee

Thanks Lee, can count on you for a reply :)

Actually, wouldn't mind getting your two p's worth on the track day you did recently. It was your first wasn't it? It's my first in a couple of weeks, and I'm really nervous already, so grateful for any tips...? (and yeah, despite knowing of your wee encounter with the kitty litter ;) If you don't push it, how do you know what your limits are?!?) Cheers :D

Iansv 13-08-04 02:47 PM

Got a diablo on the front and an 020 on the back, when back is ready to go i'll probably get an 014 front and 020 back