SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Picked up my new SV yesterday. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=223276)

madjohn 17-07-16 10:04 AM

Picked up my new SV yesterday.

Picked up my new SV650L7 yesterday. White and Blue. This will be SV No 5.

Early days so far but loving it o far

maviczap 17-07-16 10:18 AM

Re: Picked up my new SV yesterday.

Happy days!

Swin 17-07-16 10:20 AM

Still planning to replace my SV with another SV too!

macamxthe1st 17-07-16 11:40 AM

Done over 3,000 miles on mine now, just gets better and better. Get shot of the standard tyres and stick on something like Michelin PR4's and really enjoy the full potential of this cracking bike.

Geoff.

Geodude 17-07-16 06:41 PM

Nice one, enjoy :)

littleoldman2 17-07-16 10:25 PM

Are you the chap I spoke to at Newcastle Motorcycles?. Nice bike.

macamxthe1st 18-07-16 06:20 AM

For those of us lucky enough to have L7 models beware of the mistake that I made. This is my first SV650 but I have owned several other Suzuki models previously so when I was shopping around for insurance I ticked the box relating to security as Suzuki security system fitted. When I got the bike I found that the ignition key is not in fact microchipped. This raised a concern with me and I rang the insurance company. To my horror I was informed that the underwriter that I had taken the policy with would now not provide cover. The broker (Bennetts) placed it with another company with minimal extra cost so all is well. Now my point is that not being knowledgeable about specifically the SV650 if I had had to claim it would have been rejected. One other thing came to light during this exercise, if you declare that your bike is kept in a garage at home and it gets nicked of the drive then guess what, you ain't covered mate. Wonderful.

Swin 18-07-16 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macamxthe1st (Post 3049598)
For those of us lucky enough to have L7 models beware of the mistake that I made. This is my first SV650 but I have owned several other Suzuki models previously so when I was shopping around for insurance I ticked the box relating to security as Suzuki security system fitted. When I got the bike I found that the ignition key is not in fact microchipped. This raised a concern with me and I rang the insurance company. To my horror I was informed that the underwriter that I had taken the policy with would now not provide cover. The broker (Bennetts) placed it with another company with minimal extra cost so all is well. Now my point is that not being knowledgeable about specifically the SV650 if I had had to claim it would have been rejected. One other thing came to light during this exercise, if you declare that your bike is kept in a garage at home and it gets nicked of the drive then guess what, you ain't covered mate. Wonderful.

I have fallen afoul of the garage ruling, bike was nicked off my front garden and the insurer wanted to surcharge me for not having the bike in the garage. I disputed this as i work shifts and hadn't finished with the bike in a working day sense. Eventually this was accepted as I didn't get a surcharge on the payout - either that or they forgot :)

Artstu 18-07-16 12:16 PM

Quote:

I ticked the box relating to security as Suzuki security system fitted. When I got the bike I found that the ignition key is not in fact microchipped.

So the Suzuki brochure is incorrect in stating the new SV650 has an SAIS Suzuki advanced immobiliser system?

Bibio 18-07-16 12:22 PM

Quote:

phone your suzuki dealer. as far as i'm aware the new SV does not have an immobiliser so does not have a microchip key. even with the suzuki alarm system the key does not have a chip.