SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   loss adjusters (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=56544)

lurcher 09-12-04 06:50 PM

loss adjusters

hi,i had a enduro bike stolen awhile ago and the insurance people are saying that a03 model is 02 model because it was registered in dec 02 are they right as dirt bikes are aged by the model year,are they trying it onwith me to lower my claim,as i could have bought a 05 ktm in august only to be told it is ayear old before you ride it inthe event of aclaim.

Flamin_Squirrel 09-12-04 06:56 PM

I hate to sound like an anal git, but please, cognative sentances would make it so much easier to understand what the hell it is you're asking :shock:

coombest 09-12-04 07:16 PM

Re: loss adjusters

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurcher
hi,i had a enduro bike stolen awhile ago and the insurance people are saying that a03 model is 02 model because it was registered in dec 02 are they right as dirt bikes are aged by the model year,are they trying it onwith me to lower my claim,as i could have bought a 05 ktm in august only to be told it is ayear old before you ride it inthe event of aclaim.

I would think that they would have a hard job of arguing with the V5 registration document or tha manufacturer (if they are asked the model number when cross-referenced against the frame number).
They are correct in saying that it is an '02 bike but it is an '03 model... If they fail to understand this with your explanation, send them your V5 or explain it as the fact thet the '03 model suffix is just that - a model suffix. It is basically the same thing as a Ford Mondeo LX which is worth less than a Ghia. OK, an '03 bike registered in '02 will not be worth as much as a similar condition '03 bike registered in '03 but it will still be worth more than an '02 bike registered in '02!!

Fight for what you are entitled to!!

Dicky Ticker 09-12-04 07:19 PM

As per

Unfortunately this may be true as the type approval will be for the year of manufacture not the year of reg viz a viz That is why a lot of dealers will shift stock at good discounts Surely the guy on the site ???? who deals will put you straight on this one

coombest 09-12-04 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
I hate to sound like an anal git, but please, cognative sentances would make it so much easier to understand what the hell it is you're asking :shock:

:shock: Woah! Chill there fella!! :?

I don't think it's that bad!

Also, in the spirit of being anal, it's cognitive and sentences!! :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Carsick 09-12-04 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombest
Quote:

Excellent put down. :lol:

Flamin_Squirrel 09-12-04 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombest
Quote:

Whoops (stupid typos) :oops:

You knew what I ment though!

Seriously though, it took me 4 reads before I worked out what he was saying :?

Ed 09-12-04 08:23 PM

I understood it perfectly, I used to read undergraduate essays. But I don't know the answer :)

embee 09-12-04 09:19 PM

Remember "loss adjusters" work for the insurance co.s and therefore try to get the claim down.

You need to speak to a "loss assessor", who works for you and will try to get you the best deal.