SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Photos (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   OTaL: Chat Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=184555)

aaron020873 25-09-12 07:57 PM

Re: An experiment, would you be up for taking part?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenjer (Post 2773927)
Think he means posting them into a thread? Could be wrong tho... (and I havent re-read all of this thread to find out the plans for the photos!)

Thanks fenjer that is what I meant.
It's been a long time since I posted a photo on here.

Brettus 26-09-12 07:54 AM

Camera will be handed over on Friday, had to have a "rain check" yesterday with Nobby, sorry, things changed my end.
Friday will happen no matter what, I can't do it sooner because of work commitments but once it is out there it should flow a bit better as people can arrange between themselves.

Re the posting of images, the latest suggestion is e-mailing them to an email address that has been created for this project and then Stuuk1 or myself will post them to a hosting account and send you the links back so that everyones post should be consistent. It also means everyone can post their own images so that their avatar and username are associated with the pictures they took (and should make it as simple as possible for everyone getting the camera)
It will also give a single link to browse the entire gallery which would be beneficial also.

Is everyone OK with e-mailing or do we have any other suggestions? (of course if anyone is struggling they can hand the camera over and ask the next person to send their pictures in.

Bibio 26-09-12 07:04 PM

can i ask that you don't use facebook as i don't have an account nor wish to have one. thanks :-)

Thunderace 26-09-12 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 2777757)
can i ask that you don't use facebook as i don't have an account nor wish to have one. thanks :-)

Same here!;)

pookie 26-09-12 07:49 PM

sorry if this has been posted before but what route will the camera be travelling? Assuming its 5days per person and there is approx 49 peeps then I imagine it will be about a year before number 49 gets it? or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

DarrenSV650S 26-09-12 09:01 PM

Can my turn be in summer please ;)

Stuuk1 26-09-12 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookie (Post 2777782)
sorry if this has been posted before but what route will the camera be travelling? Assuming its 5days per person and there is approx 49 peeps then I imagine it will be about a year before number 49 gets it? or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

That will no doubt get delayed too... No rush after all, everyone will get their turn eventually. Once it gets around a few people and we have the picture thread up and running it should be interesting!

I've thought about it and have absolutely no idea what I'd take a picture of anyway.

Brettus 27-09-12 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 2777757)

Me neither so you are safe, It'll be something public like photobucket for posting in the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookie (Post 2777782)

Yep, it could be out there for some time I'm afraid, but on the plus side, it will mean some people get nicer weather to exchange it :) I'm sure some will be done with it quicker but there needs to be a "reasonable" time frame for having it, playing with it, taking your pictures and then handing it on to the next person.

aaron020873 28-09-12 11:58 AM

I'm happy with emailing pics will be easier for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Brettus 28-09-12 06:08 PM

Right! the game is afoot! I've handed the camera over to (a very patient and accommodating) Mark (NobbyLad).

I'd been rubbish, I hadn't got a working bike (bat flattery, doh!) and I hadn't even taken my pictures!

Anyway, camera is now out in the wild, I'll let Mark work out what to do about selecting the next user, either his choice or posting to let people propose a meet up.

One other thing that came out of it was if you are handing over the camera in person then a 6th picture is allowed, one of the meeting orgers.

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm, I'll get the map updated (and corrected where appropriate) this weekend.