SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Photos (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   OTaL: Chat Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=184555)

anna 19-09-12 01:52 PM

Re: An experiment, would you be up for taking part?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanannaMan (Post 2773024)
I'm in the US and would post it back to any country.
Count me in if this works out.

Actually if ravingdavis brought to the US and I sent it to Portugal only Anna and i would have to pay international post rates. (just a thought)

Good thinking :p

gruntygiggles 19-09-12 03:10 PM

I would be up for this. :-)

aaron020873 19-09-12 06:43 PM

Put me down for this it sounds interesting, just got to work out how to post the pics now. :confused:#-o

ravingdavis 19-09-12 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron020873 (Post 2773780)
Put me down for this it sounds interesting, just got to work out how to post the pics now. :confused:#-o

It's digital. No posting of pics required.

johnnyrod 19-09-12 09:42 PM

Go on then

fenjer 19-09-12 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravingdavis (Post 2773899)
It's digital. No posting of pics required.

Think he means posting them into a thread? Could be wrong tho... (and I havent re-read all of this thread to find out the plans for the photos!)

Steve_God 19-09-12 10:07 PM

Or a free dropbox account? With account details sent round with the camera?

Stuuk1 19-09-12 10:26 PM

Just open a photobucket account and pass the password around with the camera. That way it's very very easy to upload and post the image code to a dedicated thread.

Obviously make sure the password isn't posted in a public forum.

Nobbylad 20-09-12 06:44 AM

Send it to me today and let's get this mother started.

I'll pm you my address and I won't be posting it.... some unlucky org'er is going to have to meet me. Whether it be on a ride out, a track day or just me turning up at their house at 4am in the morning.

Brettus 20-09-12 09:02 AM

Morning all, been away in Belgium so haven't checked back on the thread, quite nice to come back to all the positive replies, my only reasoning for the initial "hand it over to someone and here's a stash of batteries" is I didn't want anyone to have to pay to participate, if people are willing then that is fine, I was just taking the safest option of assuming nothing :)

Right, I'll start a thread for the cameras path and organising who is getting it next and how, I'll pick an orger to send to (I assume none of you are going to see Biffy Clyro in Leeds tomorrow? or London on Saturday?)
I'll send it with some fresh batteries in it (it takes 4 AA's), camera cable and I'll stick the biggest SD card I can reasonably find, it'd be nice to be able to leave the pictures on the card so that not if people can't upload for whatever reason, lack of connectivity, unfamiliarity etc, it can be done by the next relayer or whenever the camera completes it's journey (if it ever does, this could be an epic journey from the enthusiasm so far!)

I'll pick a file method for storage/upload too, dropbox is familiar but I'll try and work out what is easiest for everyone.