SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bodywork (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   "Dirt Wash Protect and Shine" silicone spray. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=231080)

Adam Ef 22-10-18 04:42 PM

"Dirt Wash Protect and Shine" silicone spray.

Not exactly "bodywork" but something I use on my SV...

"Dirt Wash Protect and Shine" silicone spray.

I'm not usually into products for specific jobs, ie. bike or car shampoos etc but I've started using this again and it does a great job of providing a smooth layer that makes it much easier to clean your bike next time it needs it. I didn't use it for a while and scrubbing flies and dirt off my fairing involved a lot more elbow grease. Using it again and the last couple of washes to remove the millions of flies I seem to collect recently and they all wash off with a wipe of a sponge.

Just be careful to spray it into a cloth and apply it, rather than into the air onto the bike as I'm sure it's not great for brakes and definitely not good to breath in.

Sir Trev 22-10-18 05:45 PM

Re: "Dirt Wash Protect and Shine" silicone spray.

I use a spray wax as a finish layer when I'm feeling lazy (applied to cloth not directly as you say) but every now and then I use the full on bodywork carnuba wax which is even better. Sad as it sounds I have a separate pot of wax specifically for my car's alloy wheels as the normal bodywork stuff is not as good at keeping brake dust from taking hold and does like the heat generated from tyres/brakes... Best I don't mention the zero parts per million water softener I also have in the garage for vehicle washing, or the clay bar for annual deep cleaning, iron out, wheel cleaner, tar spot remover, bumper restorer, mild and medium polishes for removing marks and swirls, drying and cleaning towels, quick detailer spray or the variety of wheel and crevice brushes for both inside and out.

In my defence I find it quite therapeutic to do a thorough wash/clean of my car and my bike every now and then. It's a bit of a zen thing.

Bibio 22-10-18 06:39 PM

whats this wash and clean thing people keep doing... dont you know your just wasting money on products and time doing it. shiny products are designed to look bad if not kept up with.

andrewsmith 23-10-18 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3093858)
whats this wash and clean thing people keep doing... dont you know your just wasting money on products and time doing it. shiny products are designed to look bad if not kept up with.

It's the thing you do with caravan cleaner and a brush ain't it?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Adam Ef 23-10-18 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3093858)
whats this wash and clean thing people keep doing...

Mine is more about weight saving. I estimate I'm removing about 5kg of flies from the fairing and my visor every ride at the moment : )