SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Bike Insurance renewall (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=173540)

collis 19-12-11 12:16 PM

Bike Insurance renewall

Grrr :smt093:smt093:smt093
It's that time again, insurance is due for renewal, comparing confused meerkats in the supermarket etc...

....was something I have not done,
Had a plesent call from Swinton (my broker) yesterday, and not only has the price dropped from £30/month down to £22/month but i'm also getting £50 back in my pocket after the policy has been inforce for 3 months.

Must say i was plesently suprised that christmas has come early for me as i was expecting to have to *ahem*lube up and take it like a man when the insurance came for renewall.

OK, I do have 1 year no claims now and also had my license for nearly 8 years and the bike is kept in the house and not in a damp and cold garage etc but all that makes no difference in price these days.

Shout if christmas has come early for you too

:smt114

A good boy this year.
Honest, officer.

metalangel 19-12-11 12:26 PM

Re: Bike Insurance renewall

Keep that lube in place if you're insured with Swinton, they'll find another way to get you.

Good that not everyone is being done over high insurance costs though!

collis 19-12-11 12:28 PM

yeah, all the other features they keep trying to get me to add on, i keep taking the 3 months free then cancel them

Reeder 19-12-11 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collis (Post 2639098)
Shout if christmas has come early for you too

:smt114

A good boy this year.
Honest, officer.

I got my first ever wave goodbye from my nephew Logan today at lunch time. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy :D :smt114

Dipper 19-12-11 03:26 PM

Got my renewall from Swinton in November, had increased from £65 to £120. Peeved I made a visit to the fat opera singer where Swinton were quoting £58:confused:, a Topcashback and Swinton Casback later and they paid me 52p for a years insurance and they gave me 3 months breakdown for nowt too, makes a nice change to lube those boys up.....:p

andrewsmith 19-12-11 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipper (Post 2639155)
Got my renewall from Swinton in November, had increased from £65 to £120. Peeved I made a visit to the fat opera singer where Swinton were quoting £58:confused:, a Topcashback and Swinton Casback later and they paid me 52p for a years insurance and they gave me 3 months breakdown for nowt too, makes a nice change to lube those boys up.....:p

jack *******!!

Mine went down from £41 p/m tpft to £38 p/m FC with swintons plus the £50 cashback

Dipper 19-12-11 05:19 PM

No bull, tp only, bike only worth £800 but alot more broken for spares, 46 years old, annual premium £58.48 cashbacks £59 and I thought I'd done well the year before when I paid £2.56! One of the few advantages of being old and having a cheap bike.

maviczap 19-12-11 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collis (Post 2639102)
yeah, all the other features they keep trying to get me to add on, i keep taking the 3 months free then cancel them

Yep bleedy Swinton & their add ons. I keep cancelling them too :p

squirrel_hunter 19-12-11 06:06 PM

I was once insured with Swinton. Never again. After an accident they were not interested or at all helpful which left me out of pocket. But on the plus side every couple of months for about a year they would phone up to see if they could claim for whiplash for me and the other passengers in the car. Trouble was it was just me. Uninjured. On my bike.

chrisinflight 19-12-11 07:19 PM

Swinton- bahhhhh! I cant wait till my first year runs out with them. Never again will I deal with a company who completely ignores you. Keep a regular check on your bank account for sneaky charges. Oh and they dont have a customer complaints department. Well done with getting a lower premium though!
chris