SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Back home Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=169507)

keith_d 07-08-11 05:38 PM

Re: Back home Thread

Home, safe and well, complete with the tools that fell off my bike on the ride. Thanks to Ollie for helping me get the route into my c**p Garmin.

Keith.

Blue Flame 07-08-11 06:01 PM

Got home about 15:15. Just about dried out now.

Big thanx to everyone involved in the organisation of this years AR.

Raf 07-08-11 06:11 PM

Hello, been home about 40 minutes now.

Well that was interesting, we rode through 2 thunderstorms on the way done, a nice sized one somewhere north of Manchester and a proper torrential one in Birmingham, this last one was indeed quite epic!

However, we did lose a bike, Mike_84_650S'99's alarm packed up on the M6 Toll Road. Thankfully Sid Squid showed up and we wheeled Messie's bike out of the trailer and put his on. They should be on their slow way home now, we probably owe him several pints.

See you lot another time.

Devil Biccy 07-08-11 06:16 PM

BAck home too and drying out tents, gloves and everything else that I packed for the weekend. Despite that the weekend was great, lovely to meet new people and catch up with old friends. To Dizzy and the team that organised the AR a big thank you for the time you dedicated in getting the AR together and making it happen.

Messie 07-08-11 06:25 PM

Just in, after a slight change of plans as mentioned by Raf above. I rode home from the M6 Toll road instead of somewhere on the edge on London. Got soaked then dried out then got damp again but I'm home now.

Thanks to Dizzy and Orose for another great AR.

Now, where are we going next year?

Terah 07-08-11 06:36 PM

Back home safe.

Dropped the bike at MacDonald's at Galashiels - very slow motion and pannier took the brunt of it so no real damage, though I don't remember the clutch lever going that far forward...

Then almost binned it completely back in Edinburgh when some idiot woman pulled out right in front of me.

But clean, warm, and about to eat so all happy.

Thanks to everyone involved, I had a great weekend.

squirrel_hunter 07-08-11 06:54 PM

Been back for a bit but had a shower a Strongbow and a sleep, so reporting in now. I can also report that Mac99 arrived at his Parents stop over before I got out of my tent in the morning.

Big thanks to all who made the weekend what it was, and who helped me through it.

Oh and I have Trench Foot.

TSM 07-08-11 06:58 PM

ome

hongman 07-08-11 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2585118)
Then that makes it over 700 for me :cheers:

Back home a while ago, fell asleep til now lol.

Mavi and SuzukiPaul, sorry for disappearing, then reappearing, then disappearing again :)

About 30s into the ride home my pinlock decided to do the complete opposite of its job. I had the visor open but the rain was stinging my eyes...so had to pull over, and lob the insert. That process took about 16 hours becuase I was wet and rushing, then had trouble getting gloves on again.

Caught you up, but I was already soaking wet and cold and I wanted to get home ASAP, so I tossed legality and sensibility out of the window and just full throttled it.

:D

dyzio 07-08-11 07:02 PM

Got back about an hour ago, 900 miles or so in total

:cheers: