SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Soho Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   help? it won't start (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92045)

ibishu 25-06-07 07:50 AM

help? it won't start

i went to my bike this morning to head off to work but there was no lights, no ignition, not even the slightest noise in trying to turn it on.

have i drained the battery? there is nothing wrong with any of the fuses, i can't see any wiring that has come loose.

does someone have a battery jump start thing they could lend me so i can test the battery?

Spiderman 25-06-07 08:24 AM

Re: help? it won't start

Oh dear, sounds like you left the parking lights on hun. We've all done it at some time or another.
Get the battery onto an Optimate and it should be OK.
Hope theres someone local who can help out in the meanwhile. Its so annoying when it happens first thing in the morning aint it?

Feel for you hun.

hovis 25-06-07 08:25 AM

does sound like a battery problem, maybe, you rectifier is shot?

what bike is it?

jambo 25-06-07 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1221167)
does sound like a battery problem, maybe, you rectifier is shot?

what bike is it?

Let's not jump on the rectifier band wagon just yet eh?

Sorry to hear about this but I'd go with Zig for now and if that doesn't help we'll worry about it from there!

I can drop a battry charger in to you tomorrow if you need, just drop me a PM or give us a call :)

Jambo

hovis 25-06-07 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 1221187)
eh?

Sorry to hear about this but I'd go with Zig for now and if that doesn't help we'll worry about it from there!

Jambo

zig?

jambo 25-06-07 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1221192)
zig?

That would be our resident neighbourhood crime fighting hero... Spiderman!:cool:

hovis 25-06-07 09:01 AM

oh..........:oops:

ibishu 25-06-07 09:09 AM

thanks all, i must have turned the key round one notch too many. Although the parks didn't seem to be on when i left it on saturday, but then i have done things without realising it before.

Thanks Jambo, we'll see if the battery charges, and if not, i shall be back here asking for further advise on where to get parts. (hopefully not though!)

Biker Biggles 25-06-07 09:28 AM

Been there done that.
One of Mr Suzuki's more annoying design jokes is the parking lights ability to switch itself on and leave you stranded with a flat battery.
If it's a curvy it can be bump started with a hefty push,but you need a helper or a hill.

Cazza 25-06-07 11:14 AM

I've got a shiny new pair of jump leads (and a car that can supply the necessary juice) - but it sounds like a battery charger is what you need. If you do need me for anything though just give me a shout.

(Sits down in shock at first-ever opportunity to offer technical help).