SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Breakfast roll Sat/Sun (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=167403)

dizzyblonde 07-06-11 06:22 PM

Breakfast roll Sat/Sun

We are currently negotiating the possibility of the site providing us with a buttie and brew for both mornings...for a small fee.

We are going on the thought that if everyone is fed on the Saturday, we can head off on the rideout together, rather than waiting for folks to roll in from other cafes etc, delaying the ride. Also, Sunday to mop up all that ale!

Thoughts, please???

If this is a goer, we do need to provide definate numbers (as with the BBQ) so the site can bring in provisions to over us. If there aren't definate numbers it may be difficult for the site to estimate if it is worth the effort.

EDIT...we can confirm this will be £3.50 per morning.

Fruity-ya-ya 07-06-11 06:36 PM

Re: Breakfast roll Sat/Sun

Count me in, just need to know the cost so I can save up my pennies!

p.s. I eat owt but prefer human food.

MisterTommyH 07-06-11 06:38 PM

Good idea. I'm in.

andrewsmith 07-06-11 06:39 PM

I'm in!!!

dizzyblonde 07-06-11 06:40 PM

.....forgot to ask, how much would peeps be prepared to pay for a buttie and brew?

kellyjo 07-06-11 06:43 PM

Bacon roll and cup of tea, count me in!!

£5 each for camping and bbq is really good value, and a few more quid for breakfast will be well worth it.

Well done DB :-)

dizzyblonde 07-06-11 06:44 PM

well on my reckoning it should l be around 20 quid for the weekend for campers.

kellyjo 07-06-11 06:44 PM

If brekkie was £2.50 then 2 nights camping + bbq + 2 breakfasts = £20, nice round number :-)

dizzyblonde 07-06-11 06:46 PM

I'll try my best, to get it as near as possible. :)

kellyjo 07-06-11 06:47 PM

Just thought that'd be easier for you :p

Fruity-ya-ya 07-06-11 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 2552928)
.....forgot to ask, how much would peeps be prepared to pay for a buttie and brew?

I pay £2 for a B.E.S.T. from our local butty place every Friday but tbf that's their Friday special.
As long as I don't have to apply for a loan from the bank we should be good.

dizzyblonde 07-06-11 06:49 PM

Its down the campsite for this one.
The BBQ is organised by us lot. Brekkie by the campsite, businesses are there to make money, we're there to provide value, fun and loads of grub for the money!

Milky Bar Kid 07-06-11 07:58 PM

ME ME ME!!! I like food.

I will pay whatever the price is...unless it was like a tenner for a roll, that would just be silly...

rictus01 07-06-11 08:08 PM

personally I'd be more than happy with £2.50 for a b/fast roll and a pound for a brew sounds about right to me.

Cheers Mark.

timwilky 08-06-11 07:00 AM

Pound a brew, you must be flush Mark.

We don't all have your over inflated London wage, I think I will have to put the wife out on brew duty

dyzio 08-06-11 08:01 AM

Yep :)

dizzyblonde 08-06-11 08:11 AM

hmmm ok, I think this needs another poll :)

AndyBrad 08-06-11 10:41 AM

would there be an option for a full english if you fancied instaed?

dyzio 08-06-11 11:06 AM

or... what are the other nearby options for brekkie?
Just asking :)

dizzyblonde 08-06-11 11:20 AM

You have to ask awkward questions don't you Andy! Not under this arrangement, no.

We've gone for the simplest of answers to cater for everyone at once. On the Saturday, this option will get everyone on their feet and over to Settle for the start of the ride. If everyone starts asking for full breakfasts it will be likely to delay the start of the ride...remember they had 800 people on site when we did the recce( I know cause they told me yesterday) Can you imagine what time we'll al be done and dusted?
I'm sure if individuals want to ask the site when they arrive, and pre order one, they may get it granted, but they've already asked for a lot of notice to cater for our arrangement if its a popular choice.

Its entirely upto you if you want the simple option, or to go elsewhere.....I'll politely say now, if your late for the start of the ride due to your lardy ass filler, we be offski without ya!!!!!
I'm not entirely sure about cafes in Settle being able to supply so many at once for big brekkies, which is why I've gone to the effort of trying to get us all on our feet in a simple quick way. If this option isn't popular, it won't go ahead.

rictus01 08-06-11 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 2553168)
Pound a brew, you must be flush Mark.

London prices mate, still I'll be budgeting about £200 on juice, so a brew will be more welcome than a coin in my pocket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky
We don't all have your over inflated London wage

Neither do I Tim; inflated or otherwise, just a case of priorities I suppose, a brew first thing sets me up for the day, worth a pound to me, likewise a bite to eat.

Cheers Mark

Milky Bar Kid 08-06-11 12:16 PM

Even being a tight Jock, I didn't think a pound for a brew was bad....

Bibio 08-06-11 12:32 PM

i'd love to say yes but i'm at the B&B so it'll be breakfast on them :-) well i think its B&B anyhoo...

AndyBrad 08-06-11 02:15 PM

a pound for a brew is alright i think. even more so if its in a cup!

Anyhow Chill dizz, im only trying to see what the deal is. I.e. if you pop your name down for a buttie then your commited to it. After all its going to be a bit poor if you get 50 yes i want 2 butties and then you only have 10 people having them (exagerated i know). Also i was wondeing (as theres an on site cafe) if this would be instead off. (i.e. no option to get anything from the cafe as they will be making butties)

Sorry if my questions are awkward. Its something im good at :D

ill be there along with most other people im sure :D after ive had a nice breaky :)

dizzyblonde 08-06-11 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBrad (Post 2553479)

Anyhow Chill dizz, im only trying to see what the deal is. I.e. if you pop your name down for a buttie then your commited to it. After all its going to be a bit poor if you get 50 yes i want 2 butties and then you only have 10 people having them (exagerated i know). Also i was wondeing (as theres an on site cafe) if this would be instead off. (i.e. no option to get anything from the cafe as they will be making butties)

Sorry if my questions are awkward. Its something im good at :D

Precisely why I'm asking.:)
Whereas with the BBQ I just need an estimation of numbers, so we aren't short, and to cover what I've paid out etc, this one needs a firm yes, as the campsite said exactly the same thing as you....don't want 50 yeses only to get 10 people actually eat....they don't want to be lumbered with food they've got in especially to cover us, then its wasted.
I'm doing the BBQ thing because we need to eat, we need a good focal for after the ride, and its a damn good get together, but the campsite is running a business.

Yes you are bloody awkward....but I likes ya :smt031

Milky Bar Kid 08-06-11 04:38 PM

BTW - I would require at least two rolls every morning...a girl needs to eat you know!

dizzyblonde 08-06-11 04:45 PM

All depends on how big they are.
As its still in negotiation, if they ain't big enough I ain't havin you pay! But then it be backto drawing board.

I'm hoping that all things Yorkshire is usually of a good quantity and value for money, and you'll only need one!

Smudge 08-06-11 06:09 PM

Sounds great to me cheap too, nice one!

yorkie_chris 08-06-11 09:03 PM

What's a roll? I don't want to get rolled for sunday breakfast, the tar and hydrocarbon content would make me incredibly unhealthy.

Could I have a butty both days please.

Bluefish 08-06-11 09:12 PM

I want a Barm :D

dizzyblonde 08-06-11 09:16 PM

T-cake, T-cake!

AndyBrad 09-06-11 10:12 AM

with currents in? ;)

dizzyblonde 09-06-11 10:17 AM

Don't you bloody start again :lol:

Me and Pete had this arguement outside bettys tea shop in York once. We got others looking in the window to join in, twas funny getting everyones opinion,

I say T-cakes don't have currants in unless stated ;)

andrewsmith 09-06-11 10:24 AM

T cake should have currants in!!!

*runs and hides*

The Idle Biker 09-06-11 02:54 PM

What is a T cake? Is it like a scone?

Muesli for breakfast please, with Rose Hip tea. Thank you.

Smudge 09-06-11 09:37 PM

It's the part of a chip butty that isn't chips :-)

Reeder 10-06-11 12:55 AM

They do have currants in :)

Steve_God 12-06-11 01:15 PM

Count me and the Mrs in :)

SIII 17-06-11 12:04 PM

£1 for a mug of tea, (none of yer poncy cups with saucers please! just cos i'm visiting englandshire i'm not comin one of you southern softies!;))

£2.00 for a butty (egg and snorker) or up to £2.50 for a B.E.S.T.

Sign me up for this as well.\\:D/

Littlepeahead 17-06-11 12:20 PM

Where I work the breakfast bap is £4 plus an extra £1.20 if you want an egg. Coffee is £2.50 a cup - not even a big mug. That's St John's Wood for you!

I think we'll be OK as we're in the B&B, though an option to buy extra coffee and tea would be good as I need at least cups before I can function in the monrning.