SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Guildford Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   GM chit chat thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179521)

Mark_h 26-10-12 10:44 AM

Re: GM chit chat thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideboy (Post 2790744)
I'm afraid you've lost me my good man.

Yo, banana boy
Poor Dan is in a droop

Dammit, I'm mad

Wideboy 26-10-12 12:08 PM

I was quoting marilyn manson from boselecta

Hhhhooooowicked.....what hmm

Mark_h 26-10-12 12:31 PM

Rather than risk derailing your "my car's sad" thread to which I've hopefully already provided the correct answer :)

Just stick a long bendy stick with a rag on it up the exhaust. Keep pushing and wriggling and twisting it until it pops out of the air intake just behind the radiator. That should do it.

If you find it difficult, just add more speed. Easiest way is to get an assistant such as Jammy to hold the stick & rag device carefully aligned to the exhaust. Drive forward 30-40 feet, put it in reverse and floor it. If all goes well and everything lines up just right then the rag and stick should stall the engine just before you run Jammy over.

If the stopping bit runs a tad late, then Jiff and a new rag will wipe Jammy off the back of the car and you should start again with a more accurate assistant.

If you take the car with you on Saturday then Thunderace should have a whole clump of accurate assistants in his garden for the BBQ.

Happy to help.

PS, I've just had a thought given his diminutive stature perhaps you could just send Jammy up the exhaust with a head torch fitted like the old Victorian chimney sweeps. Really should have considered that first.

Fallout 26-10-12 12:47 PM

Hmmm.

Thunderace 26-10-12 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_h (Post 2790790)
Rather than risk derailing your "my car's sad" thread to which I've hopefully already provided the correct answer :)

Just stick a long bendy stick with a rag on it up the exhaust. Keep pushing and wriggling and twisting it until it pops out of the air intake just behind the radiator. That should do it.

If you find it difficult, just add more speed. Easiest way is to get an assistant such as Jammy to hold the stick & rag device carefully aligned to the exhaust. Drive forward 30-40 feet, put it in reverse and floor it. If all goes well and everything lines up just right then the rag and stick should stall the engine just before you run Jammy over.

If the stopping bit runs a tad late, then Jiff and a new rag will wipe Jammy off the back of the car and you should start again with a more accurate assistant.

If you take the car with you on Saturday then Thunderace should have a whole clump of accurate assistants in his garden for the BBQ.

Happy to help.

PS, I've just had a thought given his diminutive stature perhaps you could just send Jammy up the exhaust with a head torch fitted like the old Victorian chimney sweeps. Really should have considered that first.

NURSE! NURSE! Dad is out of bed again!

Wideboy 26-10-12 01:52 PM

How old is jammy? He seems like he's at that young supple age and just ripe!

Jammy do you like puppies?

Thunderace 26-10-12 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideboy (Post 2790815)
How old is jammy? He seems like he's at that young supple age and just ripe!

Jammy do you like puppies?

Just tell him you've got sweeties and comic books in the back of your van!;)

Wideboy 26-10-12 05:28 PM

What do you "tell him"? I have!

DJ123 30-10-12 09:34 PM

well

Jammy 30-10-12 11:08 PM

'How old is jammy? He seems like he's at that young supple age and just ripe!' ...maybe so, but im not being some peasant-like chimney sweep

And im 18 good sir