SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Guildford Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Rideout plans and general chit chat (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179025)

Mark_h 24-05-12 09:50 AM

Rideout plans and general chit chat

Seeing as how we seem to not only have some activity in here but actually sustaining it perhaps we need to re-instill a bit of thread discipline.

Currently each ride-out idea turns into a huge rambling thread so anyone coming across it will find it difficult to actually work out if a ride-out is taking place and if so when/where etc. (I'm just as guilty as the rest of you!!)

Not wishing to start being unreasonable but may I suggest the following:-

Rideout threads that get started are constrained to where/when/who info. General "bugger me it's hot" or similar stuff should have a thread of it's own or better still go into the mega-thread section at the top.

Not sure if the moderators of the forum are still active but if they are it may be worth having a bit of a tidy-up of the stickies to celebrate the GM new-dawn.

Happy to be declared an idiot and ignored (I'm used to it) if everyone else is happy with it all just the way it is.

WayneL 24-05-12 10:09 AM

I agree. But bugger me it's warm! :-)

Fallout 24-05-12 01:04 PM

Re: Rideout plans and general chit chat

Hi Dad! Where is my pocket money?

I will follow whatever rules people think make sense. I too like order and organisation and would like ride outs to be a bit clearer! Secretly though, I long to rebel.

Tits.

Spank86 24-05-12 06:15 PM

Perhaps the op could be encouraged to always update the first post with the current info?

Tomor 24-05-12 09:50 PM

Or maybe we should get off here and stop all the chit chat with getting out for a ride?? just a suggestion with the current weather :)

WayneL 24-05-12 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spank86 (Post 2716658)
Perhaps the op could be encouraged to always update the first post with the current info?

Sounds like a plan mate.

Another option is to start a thread suggesting a ride. Then once it is confirmed someone starts a new thread with the date and location, and that thread is just for people to confirm their attendance on not chat.

The reason I say that is because sometimes a thread starts as "ride on 26th", but after debate it gets changed to the 28th for example.

We could even have a dedicated thread for suggesting rides.

Spank86 24-05-12 10:01 PM

I'd suggest a combination.

I always feel not allowing chatting makes a thread stale and boring as well as preventing good ideas, the more people chat about a ride out the more likely it is to happen IMHO, but if a date change happens a thread change is definitely a good idea.

It's probably too much work to track down a mod to change thread titles each time.

Fallout 25-05-12 07:30 AM

Ok, I propose this based on all your ideas:

- Chat anywhere ya like. Bibble. Babble. Jibber. Jabber etc.
- Whenever someone wants to organise a ride out, just start any old thread. Chat anyway in there, insulting each others mothers and riding styles etc.
- When we have confirmed when it's gonna happen, someone starts a new thread with title/subject something like "[RIDEOUT] 22nd May"

That way we can chat as much as we like in whatever threads we like, but once it's confirmed, we have an official thread others can see at a glance.