SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   EuroTour (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Euro Accommodation ideas (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=61115)

Aurora 16-06-05 09:27 AM

Euro Accommodation ideas
 
BIKELOFT
Belgium - Oudenburg


The Bike Loft - Approx £27/30 per night for dinner, bed and breakfast.

Safe parking for your P&J within the Magic circle, inside the loft, just outside your room!

Pub on site, good music (we've been several times and had live rock bands), outside terrace with bbq/fire pit.

The accomodation at the Bikeloft is a little basic to say the least, don't expect a five star hotel, but at the end of the day, after a few beers a bed is all you need!

Comes highly recommended.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...icks/loft1.jpg

Aurora 11-04-06 01:55 PM

Stayed here again at the weekend, Friday/Saturday night. My bill came in at £35 per night to include, bed, breakfast, evening meal, a live band (Koyle) and a good bit of alcohol !!

Comes well and truly recommended.

Couerdelion 25-07-07 11:18 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
We, the nurburgring trip lot, stayed at the biker loft for the 3rd year this year and it's great no thrills accommodation.

Would be a great place to have an SV650 European meet.
Plenty of room and no need to bring tents!

nigelporter 11-09-07 06:19 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
having had several members of the sv650 org stay with us this year I thought I would give our B+B a plug.
http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/
As you will see we have the best roads in Europe for biking Look at the videos that we have posted on this page
http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/scenic_...Scenic%20Roads

ejohnh 13-10-07 10:46 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelporter (Post 1283921)
having had several members of the sv650 org stay with us this year I thought I would give our B+B a plug.
http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/
As you will see we have the best roads in Europe for biking Look at the videos that we have posted on this page
http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/scenic_...Scenic%20Roads

Too bad there are no twin rooms. About 6 of us will be passing through perpignon next JUne. No couples though.

Lissa 13-10-07 08:33 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Hmmm.................we haven't decided where to go on holiday next year yet. Gives us something to think about:D

nigelporter 14-10-07 03:54 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejohnh (Post 1312827)
Too bad there are no twin rooms. About 6 of us will be passing through perpignon next JUne. No couples though.

we can accomodate 6 fellers no problem !we have 2 rooms with a double and a single bed and 2 other bedrooms with double beds by my counting that makes 6 Let me know how we can help you!.
Look at our website then let me know if you want help planning the route down
Nigel

nigelporter 14-10-07 04:00 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1313162)
Hmmm.................we haven't decided where to go on holiday next year yet. Gives us something to think about:D

Hi there,
There really is so much to see here look at the various pages on our website, download the powerpoint displays on the page places to visit in the region follow this link : http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/todo.htm now this will give you some idea of all the many things you can do here, or if you want to just veg on the beach then do that as well. However if you want to do some serious roads look at the videos on our site: http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/scenic_...Scenic%20Roads
we can plan anyones hols for them if required , how do you intend to get down to this neck of the woods? boat to bilbao or ride through France?
looking forward to hearing your thoughts
Nigel

Lissa 14-10-07 04:51 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Hi Nigel:D

We'd probably do Portsmouth to Caen and ride down...............we come for the roads, not sitting for hours on a ferry;)

What is the weather like there in early September? We aren't beach sitters, but with your proximity to Andorra and the fabulous roads in that part of the world there is certainly a pull to travel back out your way again.

ejohnh 14-10-07 07:36 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelporter (Post 1313529)
we can accomodate 6 fellers no problem !we have 2 rooms with a double and a single bed and 2 other bedrooms with double beds by my counting that makes 6 Let me know how we can help you!.
Look at our website then let me know if you want help planning the route down
Nigel

HI Nigel,
Can you pm me a price for b&b for 6 singles on June 3rd please?
John

nigelporter 15-10-07 06:51 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1313569)
Hi Nigel:D

We'd probably do Portsmouth to Caen and ride down...............we come for the roads, not sitting for hours on a ferry;)

What is the weather like there in early September? We aren't beach sitters, but with your proximity to Andorra and the fabulous roads in that part of the world there is certainly a pull to travel back out your way again.

Hi weather here mid september is usually mid to high 20's so a bit more comfortable if you are the type who always rides in leathers. The only downside is although the tourists go home at the end of august , camping car man comes out of the woodwork. However they drive so slowly that they only really upset the car drivers who cant overtake as easily as we can on the twisty roads.
As other visitors will attest we produce a number of routes for day trips out from here. We normally discuss what people envisage they want to do over dinner and then the following morning we produce maps and descriptions of which roads to use and what to see and where to eat at midday. We also help with planning the routes to and from here because we have had so much feedback from our guests as to what are the best routes to use.
FYI we know of a very nice b+b near montlucon which is mid distance between the channel and us giving 2 days of about 350 miles to get here. and also some lovely roads from there to here via the millau bridge and gorges of the tarn, the following exert was sent to me from another member of this forum after they visited this year when they got home.
"Nigel - when we mentioned the Millau trip you mentioned that there
were some good roads after or before the bridge (depending on which
way you travelled) I think you understated somewhat, we rode through
the Gorges du Tarne, up to Millau and then went back through the Parc
National de Cervenné and it was amazing!!

Thank you so much for your hospitality, you really made us feel as if
we had known you for ages! We are already planning to come back to
Carcasonne and the Gorges du Tarne as we know that we missed out on
so much so hopefully we'll see you again!

Kindest regards
Sam & James "

I hope this helps.

nigelporter 15-10-07 07:21 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejohnh (Post 1313648)
HI Nigel,
Can you pm me a price for b&b for 6 singles on June 3rd please?
John

Hi John,
one person will have the ensuite room, 4 will have rooms with 2 beds the sixth will have a single room, so you will have to flip a coin for who sleeps where or perhaps that will already be decided by the loudest snorers !!
However room costs work out at 30euros per head per night b+b but if you stay for 3 nights or more we will knock off another 10% as a special offer let me know if this is ok .
nigel

ejohnh 15-10-07 11:11 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelporter (Post 1313785)
Hi John,
one person will have the ensuite room, 4 will have rooms with 2 beds the sixth will have a single room, so you will have to flip a coin for who sleeps where or perhaps that will already be decided by the loudest snorers !!
However room costs work out at 30euros per head per night b+b but if you stay for 3 nights or more we will knock off another 10% as a special offer let me know if this is ok .
nigel

Sounds excellent Nigel. I'll know the numbers for sure a bit later on.

This is my proposed route:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s.../picoftour.jpg

nigelporter 15-10-07 11:58 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejohnh (Post 1313967)
Sounds excellent Nigel. I'll know the numbers for sure a bit later on.

This is my proposed route:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s.../picoftour.jpg

ok I take it the trip is for 7 days? most people who have left us for Santander/Bilbao use our route and stay the last night at another b+b that we know near Biaritz this allows you to have a long but amazing day from us to them and then you have a short ride to the ferry on the last day we can give you far far better roads to follow in Spain once you leave us that I promise.
How many days are you planning to take before getting to the Perpignan area? we can certainly modify your route across france to make it better as well if you are on a 1 stopper before getting here it gives you 2 days of 350 miles or a bit less. If you stay near La chatre we can then give you a great route from there to clermont ferand (2.5 hrs) and then autoroute to cross the millau bridge then the valleys and gorges of the Tarn, they will be 2 long days but extremely fullfilling, once you get here you can have a rest day:))

-Ralph- 17-12-07 09:03 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Credits for this one go to Cam_73 who posted this link in the SV Ecosse section and I thought it would be useful for here

http://www.bike-stay.net/

ejohnh 18-01-08 10:39 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelporter (Post 1314025)
ok I take it the trip is for 7 days? most people who have left us for Santander/Bilbao use our route and stay the last night at another b+b that we know near Biaritz this allows you to have a long but amazing day from us to them and then you have a short ride to the ferry on the last day we can give you far far better roads to follow in Spain once you leave us that I promise.
How many days are you planning to take before getting to the Perpignan area? we can certainly modify your route across france to make it better as well if you are on a 1 stopper before getting here it gives you 2 days of 350 miles or a bit less. If you stay near La chatre we can then give you a great route from there to clermont ferand (2.5 hrs) and then autoroute to cross the millau bridge then the valleys and gorges of the Tarn, they will be 2 long days but extremely fullfilling, once you get here you can have a rest day:))

We dock in Caen at 8am on Saturday, May24 and catch the ferry from Santander to Plymouth at 4pm on Monday, June2. It gives us more or less 10 days. I am planning on taking 2 stops before getting to Perpignon because we want to explore the Gorges Du Tarn and Millau and not just go thru it.

I have posted the provisional segments of our route on another thread in this forum.

For the two interim stops we aren't too concerned about luxury and I was wondering if anybody on here has had stops at one of the budget line hotels like Formule1. Any?

What is a reasonable daily mileage for no Joey Rockets to do along the Spanish national roads? Bikes are SV650K1, FJR1300, 'Busa, and Triumph Legend. You can see the relevant bits of our route at:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=102884


I have a feeling that I should be splitting the Spanish side into more segments, Any comments/suggestions about that as well as the French side? Are the Picos going to be too much to do in the time?

Nothing except the ferries is carved in stone yet. I was thinking that from your base we could do a day tour down the costa to Tossa and then leg it back up the autopista to Perp.

Cheers

John

Luckypants 18-01-08 10:53 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejohnh (Post 1389616)
For the two interim stops we aren't too concerned about luxury and I was wondering if anybody on here has had stops at one of the budget line hotels like Formule1. Any?...
John


Have used Formule1 for years, think they are great value, especially if you get three in a room. The rooms have a single and double bed in them, so ideal for an overnight stop. Usually in the 30-35 Euro range. You will need to book in advance on busy weekends, especially on arterial routes. Downside is they are often located on industrial estates or dodgy areas and can be hard to find. Don't expect to find food nearby and the breakfasts are pretty grim (but only 3 Euro)

trickywoos 18-01-08 11:44 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 1389637)
Have used Formule1 for years, think they are great value, especially if you get three in a room. The rooms have a single and double bed in them, so ideal for an overnight stop. Usually in the 30-35 Euro range. You will need to book in advance on busy weekends, especially on arterial routes. Downside is they are often located on industrial estates or dodgy areas and can be hard to find. Don't expect to find food nearby and the breakfasts are pretty grim (but only 3 Euro)

Yeah great value for money, but if you're leaving the bikes outside, I'd def make sure they are all bolted together! Some Formules are in dodgy areas rather than the service areas.

Luckypants 18-01-08 12:01 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywoos (Post 1389710)
Yeah great value for money, but if you're leaving the bikes outside, I'd def make sure they are all bolted together! Some Formules are in dodgy areas rather than the service areas.

Yep, stayed at the one in Dunkirk last year. I was busy chaining the bike to the big sign and the manager came out and told me to chain it up to the Armco by the gate cos it had CCTV!

-Ralph- 18-01-08 02:11 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
I prefer the ETAP, same group, only a few Euros more but you get your own en-suite bathroom, rather than sharing a toilet and shower with some wart ridden gypsy.

OF.uk 30-07-09 10:06 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
For those travelling a little further afield into Europe, my wife and I now live in Hungary and have a cottage that we let out in Sirok about an hour and a half North East of Budapest. The cost is £227 per week from September and it sleeps up to 7 so that works out at about £4.63 per person per night. All mod cons included and a rear garden with covered seating, barbeque and fire pit. Secure parking in the garden for bikes. Lots of local services in the village and some really twisty roads close by. Weather can still be 30 degrees in September. Please see our website for more details www.explore-hungary.com
Thanks,
Paul.

OF.uk 09-08-09 07:20 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
We've just dropped our prices for September/October 09 to just £140 per week for our cottage. That's NOT per person, it's for the whole group!! So if 7 people go then your holiday accomodation works out at just £20 per person for the week.
Paul.

Old Git 27-04-11 01:23 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
www.bike-stay.net

Been to a couple on recent trip in France, especially recommend
Larkfield, about 30 miles south of Millau bridge
Pyrenees motorcycle tours, about 20 ish miles south of Lourdes.

Both fantastic places, quiet & well looked after, both had food available if booked in advance which was to die for.

Camping ??? go figure.

Bluefish 21-06-11 07:30 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
In Calais http://travel.hotels-and-discounts.c...ATES?cid=59562 £21.32 for the room for two, for 7th august 2011, Bargain :D

aliwakeskate 12-07-11 08:47 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Came across this website last year before my trip round Europe based on a recomendation from a mate. It has an up to date list of camping sites round europe that you can download as a zip file of POIs so you can load them straight onto your sat nav or use google earth and tyre software. There are over 30000 of them! Quite a few of them have phone numbers attached and a star rating.

Apparently the guy who compliled them took POIs from loads of sites and put them together and he also gets loads of people emailing him with new sites and informatioin with ones that have shut down.

Can't recommend this enough as I always managed to find a camping place wherever I was. Well worth a download if you are heading over to europe.

http://archiescampings.eu/downloadpage/

Hope it helps.

Al

Bluefish 13-07-11 07:24 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Thanks for that Kate, downloaded and installed :thumleft:

campingsites 05-11-11 10:48 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1313162)
Hmmm.................we haven't decided where to go on holiday next year yet. Gives us something to think about:D

Hi there just log on to - http://www.campingsitesinbritain.co.uk

to find out Camping sites, Caravan sites and Haven holiday parks availability in the England, Scotland, Wales
and Island around Britain including Photos, Pictures and contact details for your next camp.

sauluk 15-11-11 10:16 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
If going to Germany via Luxembourg I recommend Trier as a town to stay in. Lovely place (we stayed in ante porta, really nice) and more importantly, if going to Black Forest, stay in Seebach in Pension Williams, awesome place.

Loopydog 25-07-12 11:57 AM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Biker's Guest House in the Mosel Valley, Germany. Close to the Ring and with full amenities and secure garage parking - www.river-valley-guest-house.co.uk Discount rate of 18 euros to forum members, including breakfast - that's Just £15.50!!

Loopydog 25-07-12 12:03 PM

Re: Euro Accommodation ideas
 
Actually, that's about £14 at current exchange rates!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.