SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Thank you's from me! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155815)

gruntygiggles 10-08-10 05:37 PM

Thank you's from me!

Ok, still on a massive come down, but just to reiterate a few points made on Saturday night and say them in a bit more detail as at the time, I was just trying to say it all without bursting into tears because I'm rather pathetic like that!

Firstly, John (Admin) - The site would not be here for us to all enjoy without him, I know how much he wanted to be at the AR but couldn't, so John, thank you for building a home for this wonderful family!

To Fizz and the other mods for giving up their time to control us all!

To everyone on the org as without each and every one of us, this place would just not be the same and it is all of us that make this place the family that it is!

To abscent friends, we've known you, laughed with you, loved you, and miss you all. This place will always carry your memories, each and every one of you.

To Hovis. He asked me to help him organise this AR and I could never have known that I would have ended up doing it without him, but it's a job I've relished and because we had everything in place already, it's all been easy peasy!

Now - thank you to the people who have helped me in anyway, large or small...even MattSV and Anita for waiting around so long on Thursday keeping us amused as I finished off the printing of leaflets! You all know who you are and I hope I gave you all enough hugs and thanks on the weekend.

Thank you to the markers, all did an amazing job and this thanks also goes to the unexpected markers that had to step in on the second leg...I cannot tell you how hard we were trying to get back to the front without risking losing our licenses, but your help was very much appreciated by all :-)

Thank you to the Catering Van, whose food was lovely, very well priced and for the free teas and coffees on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks to David and Tim and all at the Basky hotel as lets face it, they provided us with all we needed and more.

Thanks to you all for turning up and getting your bikes on the drive for pictures, it looked immense!

I could go on forever, but to cut it short now I will just say this...

Myself and the others involved with the organising of this years AR wanted nothing more than for everyone to have a great weekend, enjoy great roads and have many many laughs and memories, so thank you ALL for making us able to realise that goal both for us and our dear departed friend :-)

WUB YOU ALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

missyburd 10-08-10 05:39 PM

Re: Thank you's from me!

hear hear :-D

Wideboy 10-08-10 05:46 PM

no, than you!!

lol

maviczap 10-08-10 06:48 PM

I said it somewhere else, this years will be hard to top

Thanks to you and your teams work

Thanks

(your avatar has also improved ;))

RichT 10-08-10 07:12 PM

You're welcome. :D

Specialone 10-08-10 07:16 PM

Well i had a great time and it was down to you lot so thank you :)

Cymraeg_Atodeg 10-08-10 07:19 PM

I would like to thank Cheryl, Dan, Lily, Drew and David for organising the AR to be in Wales and then everyone who carried the torch on with the sad loss of David.

You all did amazing and I hope everyone enjoyed coming to my home country. You are all welcome back, but, the "man-kini" isn't, ha ha

phil24_7 10-08-10 08:04 PM

We lub you also!

Viney 11-08-10 10:33 AM

Whatever. Now hurry up and sort nexts years out, theres a good girl ;) x

gruntygiggles 11-08-10 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney (Post 2340610)
Whatever. Now hurry up and sort nexts years out, theres a good girl ;) x

As much as I would jump at the chance....it is someone elses turn next year. I for one am hoping for Scotland like many others...I'd even organise it from here if no-one else volunteered...lol. Just want to go to Scotland...lol.

C'mon people, who's gonna do AR11???