SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2007 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   The Safely Home Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92458)

yorkie_chris 01-07-07 02:29 PM

Re: The Safely Home Thread

Home safe.

Cheers guys, great weekend :D

El Saxo 01-07-07 02:34 PM

I got home ok, only just got round to posting though, trust Quiff to beat me to it - and he had a lot further to go! :lol:

I got all the way to within half a mile of my house with no incidents at all and then some pillock in a Beemer nearly takes me out by pulling out of a side street! :roll: Much panic braking ensued but I kept it upright - phew!

Knackered now & watching the BSB on the telly, had a great weekend :D

BILLY 01-07-07 03:23 PM

GMS has asked me to let you all know he is home saftly!

yorkie_chris 01-07-07 03:24 PM

Melodys got back to her place ok

Skip 01-07-07 03:42 PM

Just got back - 220 miles with about 30% of them in torrential showers! Great! :roll:

Great weekend though, really good to meet so many of you after two years of not meeting hardly any! :lol:

slark01 01-07-07 03:50 PM

Back home safe and sound, had a kip and now feeling kinda human!

Baph 01-07-07 04:37 PM

Just walked in the door to a flood of PMs from different folk - I'll get back to those asking questions in a bit, haven't even taken my bike gear off yet!!

My route over back through Slaidburn, Glasshouses etc was excellent, just what the tyres were asking for. From there I picked up the A59 & got onto the M6.

Setting off downhill towards Slaidburn I turned to Plowsie, "Looks like a black cloud, but we're riding towards the wind, so shouldn't be much of a problem." Neither of us were wearing waterprrofs at this point, and the heavens decided to open!! Stopped in Slaidburn under the trees (the place we stopped for cakes on the way up - with the cars that drive slower than an OAP with a zimmer frame!!) to put waterproofs on. Then stopped again on the A59 in a nice pub a couple of miles off the M6 for lunch (and a little F1 & BSB).

I left Plowsie on the M6 & I headed down the M56. That didn't last long until I found some twisty roads :D

BLACKFIRE 01-07-07 04:38 PM

I got home Age's ago .... took me about 20 minutes !!!!!
I know I only live round the corner but I am really glad I decided to camp, I had a great weekend. Thanks to all involved :thumright:

mac99 01-07-07 04:59 PM

Got back to here a while back, via a really good 80 mile run across the dales, including a reprise of the ride out route from the start to Leyburn. Only this time in the dry with less traffic. Thanks again to Tim In Belgium for leading me. Unfortunately I've got the trip down from Teesside to Bristol to do tomorrow, but at least I'll have nights sleep first. Nice to see everybody.

Tim in Belgium 01-07-07 05:03 PM

No worries Mac.