SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   D'Oh!!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=100373)

SDMF 16-11-07 11:08 PM

D'Oh!!!

Pulled up at my usual pub about half hour ago...Got right up to the enterance where I wa going to park. Doing about 2mph, pull front brake to stop, patch of leaves I hadn't seen, and down she goes oh bu55er! #-o:oops:
Made worse by the fact that it was in full view from the smoking area, and those in the front of the pub!

Oh well.

Damage (minor)-
Scuffed front of the rhs fairing (twas only my re-sprayed one) and also cracked at bottom near the radiator.
Popped the rhs front indi off- but the mounting part is still intact, so should go straight back on.
Scuffed crash bung
Cracked part of the fairing panel under rhs of the riders seat.

Damage (major)-
My pride :oops:

StreetHawk 16-11-07 11:13 PM

Re: D'Oh!!!

Sorry to hear mate..

Defo hibernating the bike now!

SDMF 16-11-07 11:19 PM

Ride home after was interesting too- I would've had more grip riding on an ice-rink! lol.
Very slippery out there. Take it easy guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1343515)
Defo hibernating the bike now!

Yeah, wish I had the option of being able to do that!

ASM-Forever 16-11-07 11:42 PM

Sorry to hear that mate. You will be duly mocked at the next meet, should you attend. :)

Its always annoying how much damage you can do from a static drop.

ooger 16-11-07 11:52 PM

D'oh. Sorry :(

Same happened to me a week ago, but I wasn't moving at all, I just dropped it at the garage door. Smashed the front indicator and gear/foot lever

What we need are airbags that inflate when the speed is <4mph and the tip/lean angle is >45 degrees or so.

Surely thats not difficult?

flibble 17-11-07 08:23 AM

Or how about stabiliser wheels, bit like areoplane landing wheels that come out when you slow down and retract when you've reached >4 mph and less <45 degrees :D

How much leaves were there?

Sorry to hear about your drop.
But on the plus side, you can keep the cracked fairing for next year's track days :thumbsup:

Stig 17-11-07 10:02 AM

I noticed on the way home from work last night that the roads were exceptionally slippy. :sad:

In regards to the radiator, if it is a small leak or just a crack and no leak, you may want to try some rad weld. It stops most minor cracks leaking. A good opportunity to drain the coolant and replace with new now winter is here. :wink:

KnightRider 17-11-07 07:01 PM

Same here. Very slippery conditions.

Hope the damage wasnt too bad!

SDMF 18-11-07 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flibble (Post 1343616)
How much leaves were there?

Sorry to hear about your drop.
But on the plus side, you can keep the cracked fairing for next year's track days :thumbsup:

There were a few leaves, but it almost seemed like there was ice around too. When i checked after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1343672)
In regards to the radiator, if it is a small leak or just a crack and no leak, you may want to try some rad weld. It stops most minor cracks leaking. A good opportunity to drain the coolant and replace with new now winter is here. :wink:

Luckily it was only the fairing by the side of the radiator that cracked, and not the rad itself.

On the whole, after checking over the bike in daylight, it seems only to have picked up a couple of cracks, and a few scartches. Oh well.
Think I'll wait till after winter now before I replace the bodywork..

ogden 18-11-07 05:23 PM

My bikes are tucked up in the garage waiting for a crisp, sunny, winter's day or spring, whichever comes first.

Riding in winter is rubbish. It's why God invented cars.