SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Soho Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Help Please not bike related (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=74721)

Tara 17-07-06 09:11 AM

Help Please not bike related

I've just been asked to organise a business cruise along the thames in September have any of you guys ever been on one or do you know any companies that organise them

I'm just about to google now, but thought i'd ask you guys first

Jester666 17-07-06 09:20 AM

Years ago I used to work for Turks in Kingston Upon Thames. The organise parties. One of the boats, The New Southern Belle, was used in the Culture Club video Karmah Chameleon (stupid word, far to difikult to spel! :lol: ) The Thames is a bit big so I don't know were you are based or want to cruise but there are loads from Windsor heading downstream.

Viney 17-07-06 09:30 AM

Re: Help Please not bike related

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara
I've just been asked to organise a business cruise along the thames in September have any of you guys ever been on one or do you know any companies that organise them

I'm just about to google now, but thought i'd ask you guys first

Email me

Tara 17-07-06 10:04 AM

Thanks Guys

V that information is superb

we are looking at going from to thamesmead from charing cross and back...

helen 17-07-06 10:09 AM

I don't want to sound like a snobby beeeatch, but Thamesmead isn't that nice - perhaps not the best setting for a works do?

Tara 17-07-06 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helen
I don't want to sound like a snobby beeeatch, but Thamesmead isn't that nice - perhaps not the best setting for a works do?

Thanks I have no knowledge of London whatsoever, thanks for the info i shall pass it on

Jester666 17-07-06 10:19 AM

Quote:

I agree. Turks do a slow cruise from Kingston to Windsor to Richmond and bak To Kingston. Much more upmarket and pleasing on the eye! :lol:

Spiderman 17-07-06 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester666
Quote:

I agree. Turks do a slow cruise from Kingston to Windsor to Richmond and bak To Kingston. Much more upmarket and pleasing on the eye! :lol:

Yeh i've had the dubious pleasure to go to Thamesmead ONCE. And that was more than enough.

Kingston/Windsor and all that area are very very pretty and i'm sure there is more to see that at the thamesmead end.

Viney 17-07-06 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara
Quote:

Thanks I have no knowledge of London whatsoever, thanks for the info i shall pass it on

Thamesmead afaik doesnt have a pier. Id suggest that you go from Greenwich, down the thames to the thames barrier, then back up the thames to Charring cross or westminster, then back to greenwich.

Most of these boats have set routes that fit into the alloted time.

And Helen...i grew up in thamesmead, and you are right its shi* :D

I was 'on the river' yesterday and most pleasent it was too.

Tara 17-07-06 10:49 AM

Thanks V i'll have a chat with one of our guys later today then i'll be coming down to check them out

thanks for all your help guys