SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Road trip - Scotland (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=230090)

garynortheast 21-07-18 09:07 PM

Road trip - Scotland

Packed and ready, oil change done, rear tyre changed. Mick arrived this afternoon and we're ready for the off early doors tomorrow.

All of my, Sioned's, and Eleri's stuff for six days away is contained in a tank bag, except three pairs of shoes in a small rucsack. Can't beat travelling light.

Pictures will follow.

BanannaMan 22-07-18 03:44 AM

Re: Road trip - Scotland

I'm jealous!!!
Looking forward to the pics!

DarrenSV650S 22-07-18 07:03 AM

Enjoy it Gary :thumbsup:

shiftin_gear98 22-07-18 09:37 AM

Enjoy.

garynortheast 23-07-18 12:35 PM

Bugger! Starter relay has died. Clicking but passing no current to the starter motor. Starter spins when the relay terminals are bridged so starter is fine. Ordered a new replacement from Busters on next day delivery. Don't want to be bump starting the SV for too long!

garynortheast 23-07-18 03:42 PM

Well, a very enjoyable day of riding lots of twisty back roads between Kircudbright, Auchencairn, Castle Douglas, and Laurieston. No big miles, just a spot of back roads bimbling and pretty much no other traffic.
Be glad to have the new starter relay arrive though, fed up with having to bump the bike!

punyXpress 23-07-18 04:00 PM

C'mon Gary - you know the rule!
Always park at the top of a hill when starting dodgy ;)
Bought my first house for that reason, then had to sell my bike to pay for it.
As they say in Scotland: " gang aft agley " ;)

garynortheast 23-07-18 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punyXpress (Post 3089407)
C'mon Gary - you know the rule!
Always park at the top of a hill when starting dodgy ;)
Bought my first house for that reason, then had to sell my bike to pay for it.
As they say in Scotland: " gang aft agley " ;)

Ha ha! Problem is that the places we've needed to stop so far have all been pretty flat. The SV is pretty good at being bumped but it's not pretty getting those two big ol' pistons turning fast enough to fire up!

DPD have just messaged to say the relay will arrive tomorrow and they'll give us our 1 hour delivery time slot in the morning.

BanannaMan 24-07-18 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3089401)
Bugger! Starter relay has died. Clicking but passing no current to the starter motor. Starter spins when the relay terminals are bridged so starter is fine. Ordered a new replacement from Busters on next day delivery. Don't want to be bump starting the SV for too long!

Lucky it happened pre-trip vs mid-trip somewhere.

Having to overcome something to get there always makes it that much sweeter. Especially when it comes to rideouts.
Have a great trip!

garynortheast 24-07-18 06:09 AM

Ah, unfortunately Bill it has happened during the trip! We're up in Scotland currently. We were about to head out on our first day of riding up here when it happened.
In the end though, it was just a bit of an inconvenience rather than a major problem. Once the new relay arrives today I should be sorted.