SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Rideouts & Meetings (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Quick survey how many people go to Ace Café and loomies and boxhill café. ? … (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=166485)

tonyk 16-05-11 04:29 AM

Quick survey how many people go to Ace Café and loomies and boxhill café. ? …

Quick survey, how many people go to Ace Café and/or loomies and/or boxhill café. ? …
How do you rate them for meets (location) / food n drink's .................. http://www.675.cc/675/images/smilies/cwmddd.gif

rictus01 16-05-11 04:54 AM

Re: Quick survey how many people go to Ace Café and loomies and boxhill café. ? …

"go to".....Hmmmm, use is perhaps a better discription, I do try to make sure it's outside "knob" hours if possible and actually prefer to make my stops at roadside tea trailers as we have a fair few of those dotted around the area or proper transport cafes, Ryka's and Loomies isn't bad for grub and the Oakdene & Chalet both do a cracking fryup, but the food at the Ace is a bit poor so I avoid eating there if possible.

Cheers Mark.

Dicky Ticker 16-05-11 05:56 AM

Re: Quick survey how many people go to Ace Café and loomies and boxhill café. ? …

Methinks foodwise they live on their reputation-----you can get better butties and about half the price at roadside tea bars-----with Rictus on this one,especially in the Kent area.
I haven't voted as none of them are in my "Riding" area,but I do know them well.

The Idle Biker 16-05-11 08:32 AM

Loomies is my local, but I've been to Rykas a few times now. It gets tough to even park at Loomies sometimes, even harder to get out if you get blocked in. I don't go there for the food though, just as a start and stop point and to have an oggle at the Bikes. Despite having lived within about 6 miles of the Ace Cafe for most of my life, I've never actually been there. It's on the list.

Scoobs 16-05-11 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Biker (Post 2538774)
Loomies is my local..... It gets tough to even park at Loomies sometimes, even harder to get out if you get blocked in. I don't go there for the food though, just as a start and stop point and to have an oggle at the Bikes.

What he said.

Wideboy 16-05-11 09:18 AM

Loomies as its only up the road and always packed

RichT 16-05-11 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Biker (Post 2538774)
Loomies is my local, but I've been to Rykas a few times now. It gets tough to even park at Loomies sometimes, even harder to get out if you get blocked in. I don't go there for the food though, just as a start and stop point and to have an oggle at the Bikes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobs (Post 2538790)
What he said.

1. Loomies
2. Box Hill
3. Never been to The Ace

metalhead19 16-05-11 07:31 PM

When home from uni its normally Boxhill or Loomies

Viney 17-05-11 10:21 AM

My usual haunts include
Boxhill
Newlands Corner
The Chalet
Oakdene

All the food is much of a muchness. Burgers and fried stuff. Some places have better service but overall about the same. Last time i went to Loomies, it was a little Chef. I have been past it a few times on the way down the southwest or to Poole.

Treacle 17-05-11 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney (Post 2539531)
My usual haunts include
Boxhill
Newlands Corner
The Chalet
Oakdene

All the food is much of a muchness. Burgers and fried stuff. Some places have better service but overall about the same.

What he says plus the Ace, which do a cracking Chilly cheese and chips.
Never been to (I don't think) but it's on the list.