SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   B&B's on Skye (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=229571)

DarrenSV650S 21-05-18 08:04 PM

B&B's on Skye

I'm thinking of going to Skye for a few days this week. Can anyone recommend a nice cheap B&B? I don't really mind where.

Also, any particularly nice areas to visit while I'm there :)

Cheers

Bibio 21-05-18 10:38 PM

Re: B&B's on Skye

cant comment on the bnb but if you like a hike there are the fairy pools.

going off sky take the Glenelg we ferry (turnstile) and there are some cracking views to the road back to the A87 (shiel Bridge)

Luckypants 22-05-18 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3085980)
going off sky take the Glenelg we ferry (turnstile) and there are some cracking views to the road back to the A87 (shiel Bridge)

Second this, wonderful route. Make sure you have enough petrol, we almost didn't make it.

DarrenSV650S 22-05-18 11:30 AM

Cheers guys. Google says there are petrol stations at Harrapoool and Shiel Bridge, is that right? Did you just forget to fill up?

Luckypants 22-05-18 11:53 AM

I had forgotten about the Glenelg Ferry until I saw the turning and fancied it as we had time. So I had not filled up in Broadford / Harrapool. I missed Shiel Bridge by turning left onto A87 (not being familiar). By the time I got to the Jet station at Inverinate we had been on the flashing light 15 miles. I got 21 litres into a 22 litre tank. :rolleyes:

DarrenSV650S 22-05-18 11:59 AM

Now I'm getting anxious about my 12 litres 8-[

How long were you there? I'm deciding between 2 or 3 nights

Luckypants 22-05-18 12:03 PM

We had a day trip onto Skye from Applecross. We went up for 10 days in Scotland, so planned two nights in Applecross with a day trip out to Skye. It needed more and I'd be happy to go for three nights on Skye.

Bibio 22-05-18 01:04 PM

dont know what route your taking on the home run but if its the A87 then i would suggest filling up at Shiel Bridge then head down the A87 and turn off at Loch Garry for the road to Kinloch Hourn as the weather is supposed to be crakin for this week. after that you can fill up at Invergarry. total 78 miles from Shiel Bridge. If you fill up at Broadford then its 100 miles to Invergarry.

i like to have as little petrol as possible for going on the we ferry as the road down is ermm steep so if you have to stop down the hill the bike is less top heavy.

last time i used the we ferry the cost was £7 one way, dont mind as its the only one still in operation. its about the same if not less distance as the corran ferry.

shiftin_gear98 22-05-18 01:58 PM

And go for a run whilst you are there. Pics Please.

Tom_the_great 22-05-18 02:20 PM

Not sure what your doing but if you are alone or with others and fancy something a bit different look at A C E Target Sports in Portree.

Really nice guy (Matt) to speak to.