SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Smile of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=214956)

chris8886 08-01-21 09:20 PM

Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Indeed it was, luckily it was before the idea of videoing something on your phone is very first thing that comes to peoples mind. Although in some ways I'd quite like to see what the chain of events was...

Adam Ef 11-01-21 08:40 AM

It's not freezing out today. It's cold... but not freezing!

admin 11-01-21 11:13 AM

I know what you mean. I've been waiting for this warm front so I can get outside and clean the bike. Thats now done so the next job is to move it into the garage and strip it down for a thorough clean and service.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Adam Ef 11-01-21 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3124299)
I know what you mean. I've been waiting for this warm front so I can get outside and clean the bike. Thats now done so the next job is to move it into the garage and strip it down for a thorough clean and service.

Yep. been waiting for daylight when I'm home to be able to see the DRZ and assess what needs to be done. On that today then back to work again tomorrow.

DJ123 11-01-21 12:33 PM

i decided yesterday to register a business. It is not yet trading/has a turnover but it's going to be my project for this year and beyond to try and turn it into something.
For years i've done trips away and taken many photos of them too. Most of my trips are to unseen/visited places, and the roads and landscapes the same. The photos sit on a HDD at home, and i occasionally look through them. My plan/idea (nothing has been actioned yet) is to try and incorporate reviews of my trips with photos & videos in to something touristy/review like. My aim is to try and work with local tourist boards, councils, attractions etc and see where it goes. I still have a full time job so this will be a developing sideline in the background, and something to keep me busy.

admin 11-01-21 12:37 PM

That sounds like a plan. I'll be interested to see how you get on.

shiftin_gear98 11-01-21 02:57 PM

My shoulder has finally stopped hurting just for the sake of it.
It reminds me if I do something stupid, but others wise it's feeling better.

DJ123 11-01-21 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3124303)
That sounds like a plan. I'll be interested to see how you get on.

i'll be sure to keep it updated along the way.

I'm currently writing/developing a Blog web page to start documenting it all. I figure its best to get it all ready for when i can start to do trips again.

Luckypants 11-01-21 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 (Post 3124313)
My shoulder has finally stopped hurting just for the sake of it.
It reminds me if I do something stupid, but others wise it's feeling better.

Good news.

Sir Trev 11-01-21 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ123 (Post 3124317)
i'll be sure to keep it updated along the way.

I'm currently writing/developing a Blog web page to start documenting it all. I figure its best to get it all ready for when i can start to do trips again.

It's a busy market so find a USP of some sort if you can. Sis-in-law was a journalist and editor before taking maternity only to find her entire base had vanished when she got back, as everything had gone online at once. She does a travel with kids blog now and works hard at it from all sorts of media channels. She gets lots of commissions, has won various awards and her family has been to more places and restaurants than I can count. It's takes a lot of effort to stay at the top of her game but they enjoy it.

Good luck with finding your niche and market.