SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2012 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   What I learned at AR12 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179792)

Littlepeahead 11-06-12 12:31 PM

Re: What I learned at AR12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 2724425)
Yes but I'd like that, so would keep quiet even longer!

One or two people guessed though!

Anyway Sal, you are the Teacer, so you are meant to educate us and ensure we learn from you.

(So what type of knots do you recommend?)

The Idle Biker 11-06-12 02:22 PM

I learned:

To never ever let Paul 6th take my mobile phone while I am talking to my 17 year old Daughter.

That Aspalls Cider tastes great but does your guts in.

That it's really hard to take a cr@p when you can't pull your leathers down much below the knee.

That Sid Squid is ruder and funnier than I thought, he dry humped my bike for far too long, we should worry about him.;-)

That busy bodies that build scarecrow traffic policemen with cardboard box speed guns and put them on the roadside really wind me up and I want to bash them.

That I need to chill out more about busy bodies and scarecrows.

That I am really easy to please, beer, bikes, dry roads, good company - that'll do for me.

christopher 11-06-12 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Biker (Post 2724548)
That busy bodies that build scarecrow traffic policemen with cardboard box speed guns and put them on the roadside really wind me up and I want to bash them.

Argh. Forgot about that, wanted to knock it down on the way back home...

Paul the 6th 11-06-12 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Biker (Post 2724548)
I learned:

To never ever let Paul 6th take my mobile phone while I am talking to my 17 year old Daughter.

Yeah sorry about that mate I came running back as soon as the lady said she wasn't your daughter but I couldn't find you and then she started to get really angry.

Littlepeahead 11-06-12 03:04 PM

I've got plans for that scarecrow. If he's still there come AR13 I'm going to bungee him to my bike and bring him to wherever we end up.

FG1 11-06-12 04:20 PM

That scarecrow is definately somebody taking their job way too seriously. I stopped to get a picture on my way in to the AR and it is a female copper that lives there. Also, her number plate, from what I remember was along the lines of XXX TSG, (X being non descript) which I am sure all the old folk will remember from a few years ago.
Definately a copper that is never off duty.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...g?t=1339432586

Stenno 11-06-12 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2724027)
Stenno has some hot tattoos.

:eek: I must remember to bring a towel next time for the showers instead of using my shirt! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul the 6th (Post 2724145)
Stenno - basically fell out of GQ magazine.. super cool
Stenno's +1 - ride's like the devil! A+++

You ol'flirt you! And I'm not letting Anja read this as her ego is already big enough about being a better rider than me dag'nammit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallout (Post 2724290)
Messi. I thought you were a man on the forum (who knows why!)...

+1 although unfortunately I don't think we spoke so I'm only just learning this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_84_650S'99 (Post 2724411)
-Sleeping bags that fold into a tiny package don't keep you warm at night.

+100, I froze my nuts off both nights despite wearing every layer I had with me. Tent was too big and airy too.

So what I learnt...

i) Despite probably appearing as an unsociable b'stard I'm petrified of large gatherings and speaking to people for the first time (yeah ok I already knew this) but I appologise for not speaking to more of you.

ii) Essex has some fantastic roads!

iii) You're all a bunch of lovely people who I hope to see again next year!

Oh and I know how to make an entrance and hold my bike up in mud, just about :mrgreen:

The Idle Biker 11-06-12 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul the 6th (Post 2724558)
Yeah sorry about that mate I came running back as soon as the lady said she wasn't your daughter but I couldn't find you and then she started to get really angry.

Nah it's fine, and so is she.

When you said "Where abouts do you live?"

And she said "Surrey"

and you said "what are you apologising for", I nearly wet myself. Funny fecker :)

Messie 11-06-12 05:48 PM

Fallout - I said hello in person on Friday evening!!!

Many things have been said about me, but usually people recognise that I'm female (gawd knows why)

DJ123 11-06-12 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Biker (Post 2724645)
Nah it's fine, and so is she.

When you said "Where abouts do you live?"

And she said "Surrey"

and you said "what are you apologising for", I nearly wet myself. Funny fecker :)

ROFL Paul, that has to be your sig now ;)