SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Mini-Twins (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   oulton park (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=222842)

ageing biker 06-06-16 09:09 PM

oulton park

Ogden and Redmist:: Are you racing at Oulton Park on Saturday?

ogden 13-06-16 07:31 PM

Re: oulton park

Only just seen this. Yeah, I was at Oulton, had a cracking day. Beat my best time from last year in practice, took a full ten seconds off my practice time (!) in the qualifier, and then the heavens opened exactly as I hoped and we had a soaking wet final. Tenth in class and picked up another signature.

Bike needs a bit of a wash, but my entry's already in for Combe.

Redmist 13-06-16 09:14 PM

Nice one Ogden, top job!

I was not there myself, I will be racing at Cadwell Park with Auto66 on July 2nd. Hope I can gain some more signatures. As the class includes Supertwins tho, I may struggle!!!

ageing biker 14-06-16 06:44 AM

Ogden, looked out for your bike (49) but you must have been fast as I missed you, couldn't see number 49 in the programme under mini-twins. I was at Shell .
You must like racing in the rain because your last race was a little damp.
Well done on knocking time off.
What is your name , I will look out for you at Castle Combe are you doing both days.
Stay safe, Ralph.

ogden 14-06-16 06:48 AM

Ah. I'm not on a twin, I'm running an R6 in the pre-injection 700 class. But yeah, I love the wet - everyone else slows down much more than I do, so I get my best results. Should be at Combe both days.

ogden 15-06-16 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmist (Post 3047247)
Hope I can gain some more signatures. As the class includes Supertwins tho, I may struggle!!!

Are you still on a novice licence? If so, all you need for a signature is a finish in any race that day. Position and time aren't relevant.

Wish it was that easy on a clubman licence - the bloke leading our championship is proper quick, taking full seconds off class lap records, which is why I'm glad we're getting races to slow him down a bit!

ogden 15-06-16 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmist (Post 3047247)
Hope I can gain some more signatures. As the class includes Supertwins tho, I may struggle!!!

Are you still on a novice licence? If so, all you need for a signature is a finish in any race that day. Position and time aren't relevant.

Wish it was that easy on a clubman licence - the bloke leading our championship is proper quick, taking full seconds off class lap records, which is why I'm glad we're getting wet races that slow him down a bit!

Redmist 16-06-16 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogden (Post 3047365)

Wish it was that easy on a clubman licence - the bloke leading our championship is proper quick, taking full seconds off class lap records, which is why I'm glad we're getting wet races that slow him down a bit!

Ahh good to know, yes on a novice. Thought I needed within 110% of the winner or sommat.

ogden 16-06-16 01:50 PM

Nah, that's not an issue until you're trying to upgrade from Clubman to National.