SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Help needed...not technical tho :o) (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=72408)

cuffy 04-06-06 06:11 PM

Help needed...not technical tho :o)

Evening all, ok...im thinking of getting a new bike within the next few months, got a test ride on a Triumph 955i booked for saturday,Anyone know of anyone who owns one? are they any good? as its british engineering at its best will i have too carry round a drip tray too catch the oil?? :D

Also i was wondering do they do a hi level pipe kit for the SV 1000? as im quite partial to the v-twin and also my mates selling his thou soon

Thanks in advance
Cuffy 8)

G - renamed 04-06-06 06:54 PM

Re: Help needed...not technical tho :o)

Mate had one. No real mechanical probs, but I wasn't that impressed otherwise.

However I don't really like twins and prefer a bit of a 'kick' in my power delivery, but you can decide on that your self.
If it was more of a touring bike, I'd understand, but with the kind of riding positon it has, I'd want r1 levels of go :).

falc 05-06-06 07:16 AM

DirtyDog on the forum has a 955i the 01 or 02 model, forget which one, but he would be worth chatting too.

They are very good bikes from what ive seen and sound great with that tripple engine, dont think you can go to wrong with it.

Biker Biggles 05-06-06 09:53 AM

G---your mate's 955 must have been short of a cylinder then as it is not a twin.It should have had a third one in there somewhere. :wink:

mattSV 05-06-06 11:06 AM

Cuffy wrote:-

Quote:

Also i was wondering do they do a hi level pipe kit for the SV 1000?
Yes

DonSteve 07-12-19 04:53 AM

They look great, most owners love them, all the test reports are glowing, they're British, what could go wrong? I was ready to buy a Street Triple 'till I rode one, didn't like like the ride at all. I'm not fond of multis, I prefer the the more mechanical feel of singles or twins, the engine braking and the low down grunt. The SV is pretty much perfect for me, if I'd tried one years ago it would have saved me buying a lot of bikes.

Sir Trev 08-12-19 01:00 PM

Is this a record for this forum? A thread resurrection after thirteen and a half years??

Don't feel bad DonSteve, we've all done it!

Red Herring 08-12-19 05:55 PM

We're getting desperate! Most of the people on here are going "whats's a 955i...!"

Dave20046 09-12-19 11:09 AM

The new GSXR-1100 looks a good option

Dave20046 09-12-19 11:11 AM

On an entirely different subject, what does it mean that cuffy, falc and G are classed as guests? Have they officially handed back their .orgy membership cards or have they been set as inactive or something?