SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Gloves (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   keis heated inner gloves (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=225623)

chris8886 18-02-17 09:52 PM

keis heated inner gloves

I recently heard about these from someone I met while skiing, so I have gone and bought myself a pair online. however I stupidly didn't buy a battery pack with these at the same time.... however when I have searched to try and buy one everywhere seems to be out of stock. does anyone have any alternative suggestions I could try? needs to be a 12v rechargeable (obviously).....

PyroUK 18-02-17 11:36 PM

Re: keis heated inner gloves

That'll be because they have stopped doing them, I got a pair just before Xmas, had them wired in. Managed to get one sourced through infinity motorcycles. They used to do a 2200mah and 4400mah pack, the guy in infinity said the 4400 I got was one of the last ones they could scrounge

chris8886 19-02-17 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyroUK (Post 3063840)
That'll be because they have stopped doing them, I got a pair just before Xmas, had them wired in. Managed to get one sourced through infinity motorcycles. They used to do a 2200mah and 4400mah pack, the guy in infinity said the 4400 I got was one of the last ones they could scrounge

:smt092 damn it! I want to be able to use them away from the bike as well! :( i'll go to my branch of infinity and see if they can source me one or two, they're pretty helpful with things like that....

ophic 20-02-17 12:43 PM

if it's any help, I bet that inside the plastic housing there are 3 x 3.7V 18650 cells. It shouldn't be too hard to fabricate something similar if required. Although it would involve ebay, duck tape and soldering :D

chris8886 20-02-17 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophic (Post 3063938)
if it's any help, I bet that inside the plastic housing there are 3 x 3.7V 18650 cells. It shouldn't be too hard to fabricate something similar if required. Although it would involve ebay, duck tape and soldering :D

no, it's not! lol, I think I shall be hitting up ebay, see if I can find any batteries there....

daktulos 21-02-17 06:29 PM

You may be able to avoid the duct tape by looking at radio control aircraft batteries, although I would avoid the LiPo ones for safety reasons.

R1ffR4ff 24-02-17 10:22 PM

I have a set of the 12v Motorcycle Keis heated inner gloves.Had them about 5 years now.Still going strong.

Are these the ones you mean,

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/keis_heat...ping_feed_gg17

They were expensive and now even more so but they have lasted well.I think I paid around 40 quid for them but of course they have gone up over time.

Anyhoo,

You could rig up some connectors and power them from one of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-2800mA...AAAOSwo4pYGVWf

I don't know previous poster says there's a problem with LiPO.Please explain.

Note:I work in the Aircraft industry and there are billions of Lithium/Polymer batteries in use all around the world that give no problems including in everyday devices we use.

Toooldtodie 23-01-18 06:55 PM

For the unitiated, these things are the nuts.
They don't broil your fingers, but just trickle in heat, 12W. Perfect in sub-zero temperatures, but it is like riding with (warm) boxing gloves on. And the connectors are bulky, come undone unless you're careful and the wires are like positioned like the kid who needed his mittens tied together so he didn't lose them! When you find your solution they truly are a God-send and make your winter travels that much more enjoyable.
I remember the battery packs being available from the Keiss website but they're more expensive than the gloves £75 or similar?

R1ffR4ff 23-01-18 07:44 PM

I have had no Trouble with my Keis inner gloves.I ran the cables inside my jacket and sewed them in so they couldn't move.I've never had the plugs to glove cause me any problems.Yes they do add bulk to my gloves but I've grown used to them over the years and couldn't now ride in the cold without them.

I tried a cheap set of those battery pack heated gloves.Re-charging the battery packs became old very very quick so I'd never go back to battery packs.

Toooldtodie 24-01-18 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff (Post 3081883)
I have had no trouble with my Keis inner gloves.I ran the cables inside my jacket and sewed them in so they couldn't move

You are that kid with the mittens!!! :wink:
Seriously though, if riding year round they make a helluva difference. Carp-icles are a thing of the past and toasty digits put me in a place where my chakras are definitely better balanced. :smt055