SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   ASDA guarantee (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=145027)

Bibio 11-01-10 06:47 PM

ASDA guarantee

if you have ever looked on the packaging on ASDA's own brand products it states on most of them that it has a '200% asda brand guarantee'

i will quote:
'we are so confident in the quality of ASDA brand products that, if you're not delighted with your purchase, we'll give you a refund AND replace it.'

so poppickers would you take advantage of the guarantee or not, by which i mean eat half of the asda product and take it back for a refund and another one? so you would keep half take the other half back and state that you were not delighted.

for the tight fisted among us this could be a cracking way of saving a fair few ££££££££.

or do you think i'm just a typical scotsman?

kwak zzr 11-01-10 06:51 PM

Re: ASDA guarantee

they do honour this, i took back a block of cheese the once and they let me pick another of the same price and refunded me aswell:)

anna 11-01-10 06:54 PM

you tight wad!!! ;)

speedplay 11-01-10 06:55 PM

Pikey.

Now wheres my asda....

DarrenSV650S 11-01-10 06:57 PM

If only asda made flatscreens...

Bibio 11-01-10 06:58 PM

there is no question of them honouring the guarantee. its a question of theoretically free food. i wonder if the students have caught on to this.

kwak zzr 11-01-10 06:59 PM

and they also say if an item is not instock you can have it free the next time you shop

Well Oiled 11-01-10 07:02 PM

IMO Asda can't be beat for warranty stuff like that. I had an old 28 inch telly from Asda a few years ago and it came with a 3 year guarantee. two and a half years after buying it the screen went funny. I hadn't kept the guarantee card, receipt or anything. They just looked up the make, model and price and offered me the equivalent one as they only had a newer model. I paid 50 quid extra and got a better one, which I still have.

Top service !

Edit - but I wouldn't do what you're proposing, tight ass !!

DarrenSV650S 11-01-10 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Well Oiled (Post 2146948)
IMO Asda can't be beat for warranty stuff like that. I had an old 28 inch telly from Asda a few years ago and it came with a 3 year guarantee. two and a half years after buying it the screen went funny. I hadn't kept the guarantee card, receipt or anything. They just looked up the make, model and price and offered me the equivalent one as they only had a newer model. I paid 50 quid extra and got a better one, which I still have.

Top service !

Edit - but I wouldn't do what you're proposing, tight ass !!

You just went in with a random broken tv and they replaced it? :confused:

kwak zzr 11-01-10 07:18 PM

the 3 year warranty was stopped because people was taking advantage of it, i remember it well cuz i took a sanyo 28" tv back too and got my money back after 2 years lol