SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   My AR Experience (part 1) (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=169745)

rictus01 16-08-11 09:17 AM

Re: My AR Experience (part 1)

well it has a high standard to live up to as you know I Love your shepherds pie, but I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

Cheers Mark.

pegasus 16-08-11 07:26 PM

sitting with a brew reading this Mark. excellent personalised view of a great weekend.

I look forward to our next ride Mate, you are one of the few people I enjoy watching ride.....granted sometimes i think you have the power of a Jedi and ride using some sort of mystic force...but all the more enjoyable for it.

I also agree with you about the logistics of setting up such an event....the 2 peeps who organised it need some recognition from the forum.

So how bout it mods?

thanks P

rictus01 16-08-11 08:57 PM

Thanks Pete, it's nice to go over everything again; sorts it out in the mind so you don't forget anything.

If by mystic force, you mean decades of practice and the sharpness London riding demands; the confidence in me and my machines abilities, then I guess it could appear that way, much like the AR itself, the better it's planned and executed, the simpler it appears.

Oh on that note, although I got my glowstick bracelet I didn't take a welcome bag, I know there were sweets in there and some "95 alive" things and Lou went to some trouble to sort them out, anyone remember what was in there? just out of interest?

Cheers Mark.

andrewsmith 16-08-11 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegasus (Post 2590128)
I also agree with you about the logistics of setting up such an event....the 2 peeps who organised it need some recognition from the forum.

So how bout it mods?

thanks P

Another vote for this!!

missyburd 16-08-11 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 2590185)

Oh on that note, although I got my glowstick bracelet I didn't take a welcome bag, I know there were sweets in there and some "95 alive" things and Lou went to some trouble to sort them out, anyone remember what was in there? just out of interest?

Cheers Mark.

spare glowstick, v2 wiper thing with drycloths, 95alive keyring torch thing, chocolate SHEEP! I think that was everything?

dizzyblonde 16-08-11 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris (Post 2590202)
spare glowstick, v2 wiper thing with drycloths, 95alive keyring torch thing, chocolate SHEEP! I think that was everything?

Earplugs. 95 alive booklet.
.......and Love hearts!!! Drumsticks, lolly pops, parma violets!!!

You guys don't realise how long it took Dylan my eldest, to make sure everyone got a four sweet assortment and a chocolate sheep.

Some folks got sv650.org pucks, a lot of folk brought their own.

Those that are wondering what 95 alive is. North Yorkshire road safety partnership have a campaign specifically targetted at bikers. Its not something to catch them out for speeding or slaps on wrists, its purely something to get them aware that on our roads, its a lot of rider error. People have so much fun up here, they fall off on their own.
With these freebies, it just passes the message along to promote safe riding. They were more than happy to hand over 100 or so goodies in resealable bags.

rictus01 16-08-11 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 2590207)
parma violets.

I used to love those, remember you could get the giant ones, didn't know they still made them, but in fairness I don't normally look.

Cheers Mark.

dizzyblonde 17-08-11 08:12 AM

I realllllllly dislike them, they are the worst sweet in the world!
However, Messie was absolutely thrilled when she found a roll of them in her bag :)

rictus01 17-08-11 08:26 AM

perspective I guess, takes me back to a time where I couldn't see over the counter at the sweet shop, blackjacks were 8 for an old penny (the big ones) and I was allowed a pennies worth on the way home from school on a friday so took the longer route passed the shop.

Or to the youngsters out there the "black & white" days....;)

Cheers Mark.

The Idle Biker 19-08-11 02:30 PM

Good write up Mark and if I didn't say so before, thanks for doing the pics and videos.

Btw I never got a chocolate sheep in my bag, who do I complain to?