SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Fuel Exhaust Offer (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=164700)

admin 17-07-13 08:32 PM

Re: Fuel Exhaust Offer

Should be. Go to the main site and look in services and offers. Look for the fuel logo

sent via semaphore

AmigaNut 18-07-13 10:33 AM

Give em a call, they are very friendly, I would assume so.
They seem to have promos for other makes to.

AmigaNut

Toooldtodie 31-08-13 04:24 PM

Just fitted the midi in stainless steel. Quality seems excellent and easy enough to fit (cutting off the oe silencer a bit of a slog though). The midi seems to "fit" the bike so it doesn't look like an add-on and is a vast improvement over the oe howitzer. The sound, even with the baffle in, is throaty and exactly what you'd expect a v-twin to sound like and not neutered like the original. Without the baffle is an exercise in attention-seeking! Have to get used to the new, lovely sound, as I kept thinking I was being trailed by a big bike! Recommended.

BikerCraig 24-09-13 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fuel were a great company to deal with, the can arrived pretty swiftly and well packaged. The can now being on the bike looks and sounds lovely, and even though its stainless steel its a shed load lighter than the standard one as its a lot smaller (its the micro mini). Fitting was dead simple although it took a while to cut through the original pipe with a hack saw.
Best bit, great quality and miles cheaper than any NEW equivalent I could find.
Highly recommended.

Jason H 24-09-13 11:02 AM

I see only one issue with the fitment in your photo...

...you've left the baffle in!!

BikerCraig 24-09-13 11:22 AM

haha yes jason, the nut and screw is nice and tight so there is absolutely no chance that it may accidentally fall out at some point ;)

DryRob 14-10-13 11:50 PM

Would the engine need remapping if I got one for a pointy?

PyroUK 15-10-13 07:16 AM

Fuel Exhaust Offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryRob (Post 2911890)
Would the engine need remapping if I got one for a pointy?

Shouldn't do, I have a micro mini and it's fine.

Toooldtodie 15-10-13 08:03 AM

No. You may notice a difference without the baffle in (other than dB level) as you lose a bit of low rev torque, but above 4k it pulls more eagerly than standard. With baffle in I could detect no difference in engine performance or fuel consumption, just sounded much sweeter.

Heorot 24-11-13 10:44 AM

They are currently offering 20% off for any stainless can. Offer 'til the end of November