SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   AR 10 - Your memories ? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155709)

Supervox 08-08-10 03:48 PM

AR 10 - Your memories ?

Among the memories that I take away from AR10 are :-

Girth and his horse - just fantastic !!

Bear - I'm tempted to say for every single thing he said & did throughout the weekend; but, his managing to 'pull' one of the local Valley Boys within 20 seconds of entering the nightclub was just awesome to behold :cool:

'The Hairpin' - 45 minutes in to Leg 1 of the rideout and I'm just starting to relax & enjoy the ride with my unfamiliar (but beautiful) pillion & what am I faced with ? A wet, greasy, close-as-damn-it replica of The Ramsey Hairpin - thanks Stretchie !!! To anyone who was behind me I apologise as the sight of me all but 'paddling' my way round, upright at about 15 mph must almost have been funny enough to cause an accident !

maviczap 08-08-10 03:57 PM

Re: AR 10 - Your memories ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervox (Post 2338312)
'The Hairpin' - 45 minutes in to Leg 1 of the rideout and I'm just starting to relax & enjoy the ride with my unfamiliar (but beautiful) pillion passenger & what am I faced with ? A wet, greasy, close-as-damn-it replica of The Ramsey Hairpin - thanks Stretchie !!! To anyone who was behind me I apologise as the sight of me all but 'paddling' my way round, upright at about 15 mph must almost have been funny enough to cause an accident !

Think this is where Quiff nearly went straight on just after passing me :p

Seeing the bikes snaking up the mountain road ahead of me on stage 3 or 4

Losing my tent,mat & pillow when the bungee cord went ping :confused:

Dicky Tickers snoring :rolleyes:

Stig 08-08-10 04:49 PM

It was a blur, I can't remember a thing. :wink:

Specialone 08-08-10 04:57 PM

I remember everything up to the point of the tent pole knocking me to the floor ;)

Friday night sitting outside the hotel entrance, wideboy getting slapped on the forehead by a few people and a random bloke telling DMC to fook off :)
Stacey looking scared to death when sat by wideboy ;)

It was a good weekend and one i'll not forget in a long time.

Viper 08-08-10 05:18 PM

Just one word

MANKINI !!!!! OMG :eek: :smt046

darkdreamsgal 08-08-10 05:22 PM

Hm... quite a lot seeing as this was one of my first proper introductions to the AR folk en masse, but Bear pulling the local wildlife is definitely among the top 10!

Jo

DMC 08-08-10 05:50 PM

Without a doubt, seeing Specialone getting knocked out by a tent pole :p

The rest is just a nice warm blur :confused:

Scoobs 08-08-10 05:58 PM

Bear's Bacon Boots - Weird

hongman 08-08-10 06:17 PM

Hmm...memories...

Dropping the bike on the way to the AR at Little Chef
Dropping the bike a few hours later outside a pub and nearly hitting KeithD's bike
Awesome, confidence inspiring roads, best has to be 1000 sheep road, on the way back. Fookin loved it.
Meeting and getting to know a lot of people I didnt expect to, and now being able to put name/personaility to a username

Did some seriously intense riding (for me), esp on the way home. Learnt more in 3 days than I would have a month or more riding by my myself! Confidence sky rocketed, then taken doen a peg or two on the way home, which helped me not get too cocky!

Scotland next year! Woo

Mr Speirs 08-08-10 06:22 PM

Summed up the best thing about the org Hongman.

Riding with some really good riders, learning from them and learning to ride your bike to your potential.
The more riding you do with better riders you will soon be riding to the bikes potential too.

Really wish I could've gone...wedding stuff has got in the way :(