SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   New member - Cafe Racer (ish) project. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=226455)

SV650rules 25-04-17 08:40 AM

Re: New member - Cafe Racer (ish) project.

Top job, nothing flashy just a very nice clean minimalist look, personally I like nekked bikes as it is nice to see the engine - shame to hide all that lovely engineering behind plastic.

L3nny 25-04-17 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepShagger (Post 3068149)
I know that feeling, i've blown about 6k on my build, should have just gone simple like you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Holy poop! I have been following your build and it's an amazing looking bike but that's a lot of money!

Tannoy964 25-04-17 11:27 AM

They are Koso Stinger LED indicators purchased from. http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/. I spent a long time in choosing them, some LED blinkers look good but aren't bright enough (for me anyway). The originals are a bit big but lets face it they let others see your intention. I have to say these are really bright! I'm super impressed with them. I bit costly but not ridiculous given their purpose.

svbmx 25-04-17 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepShagger (Post 3068149)
I know that feeling, i've blown about 6k on my build, should have just gone simple like you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L3nny (Post 3068229)
Holy poop! I have been following your build and it's an amazing looking bike but that's a lot of money!

Agreed, super cool build but 6k... damn!

SheepShagger 25-04-17 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svbmx (Post 3068237)
Agreed, super cool build but 6k... damn!

It's been a learning curve, wouldnt cost anywhere near that id i did it again, i made the mistake of not buying a complete bike to start with.

Tannoy964 25-04-17 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svbmx (Post 3068223)
LIKE :) Nothing over the top, very nice.

Thanks. And thank you for the clocks idea. The speedo in the headlight (the exact speedo to be precise) was unashamedly robbed from your build, which is very nice build by the way!

Tannoy964 25-04-17 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepShagger (Post 3068238)
It's been a learning curve, wouldnt cost anywhere near that id i did it again, i made the mistake of not buying a complete bike to start with.

Just had a peek at your build...now that's a bike project.
Very impressive.

SheepShagger 25-04-17 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannoy964 (Post 3068252)
Just had a peek at your build...now that's a bike project.
Very impressive.

Thankyou, but i feel i'm hijacking the mans thread and that wasn't my intention.

Tannoy964 25-04-17 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepShagger (Post 3068258)
Thankyou, but i feel i'm hijacking the mans thread and that wasn't my intention.

No problem....your not hijacking the thread! It's all good interesting stuff! I see this as all part and parcel of talking bikes. Reading these pages and everyone's comments (before I became a member) helped me produce the bike (which is why are started the thread, as a thanks to all how unknowingly gave me the ideas / inspiration)....without random conversations and threads that expanded many of the mods I did may not have been done. So thanks again and carry on guys!:smt023

Blapper 26-04-17 07:54 AM

I like that zorst, what is it?